USB-C Accessories - best in class. - ehMac.ca
Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Advertise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Dec 27th, 2019, 05:23 AM   #1
Full Citizen

USB-C Accessories - best in class.

I just posted that I'm soon to receive my 1st MBA ever, but added this will be my 1st dip into the USB-C ecosystem. Yes, I'm last to the party. I just spent about an hour digging around and wow - it's wild.

So I realized as I have small issue as I'll only have 2 ports to work with. I'm still wrapping my head around the USB port is also my charging port, which is also my ext monitor port etc....

Does anyone have any strong recommendations for hubs?? I'm going from a classic MBP (2 TB, HDMI, 2 USB) down to 2 USB-C. And @ home, i have an ext monitor, ext HD for backup and the need to power the device. Didn't even mentioned needed to charge phones.

Added, I always had 2 laptop chargers (one @ home and one permanently my laptop bag) - and I see that chargers have changed quite a bit as well. I apparently will be given a 30W charger for this MBA. So I'll be poking around for a 2nd one. And I see that  has been selling Ankers on their site. They seem to have quite a few options.

Anyone care to share their fave hubs, chargers etc... ? And I guess there are different USB cords to buy? Some are charging USBs and some aren't? Did I get that right?

Thx for your time folks!
HenriHelvetica is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 3rd, 2020, 01:00 AM   #2
New Neighbour

Prisoner

Two items come to mind: The classic TV series The Prisoner and the Eagles' song lyric, "We are all just prisoners here of our own device."

I am SO disappointed with my brand-new MBA. The USB-C ecosystem...bites! We buy a portable & now we have to truck around an auxiliary hub!

If you're used to an MBP, get ready for a shock with screen issues on MBA. Teeny-tiny font resolution. The Retina screen in no way makes up for this.

Yes, I will continue using Macs and finding workarounds to their insane strategies of minimisation & convergence. With no pension, I'll probably have to resort to robbing banks.

Whatever happened to insanely great?!?

Last edited by unblocktheplanet; Jan 3rd, 2020 at 01:02 AM. Reason: forgot something
unblocktheplanet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charger, hub, usb