Transfer photos from iCloud to SD card or DVD - ehMac.ca
Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Advertise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jan 27th, 2020, 03:36 PM   #1
New Neighbour

Transfer photos from iCloud to SD card or DVD

I take an SD card from my camera and transfer photos (taken with my camera) to a friends iPad through an adaptor, I get a prompt on the photo app on my friend iPad to choose if i want to import all or selected photos, works fine, no problem.

On my iMac, I insert an SD card, transfer my photos (stored on my iCloud) on that card an then insert my SD card on my adaptor witch I then insert in my friends iPad and I get no prompt to transfer the photos....doesn't seem to read the SD card!

My SD cards format : MS-DOT (Fat 32), iMac OS Catalina 10.15.2, iPad IOS 13.3

How can I transfer photos/videos from my Photos stored on my iCloud to an SD card readable on another tablet or a DVD?

Also, I want to lighten my iCloud by transfering photos and videos away from the Cloud towards a DVD...?

Thanks

iMac Retina 4K 21,5", 3 GHz Intel Core i5, 8GB, 2400 Mhz RAM, 256 GB SSD, OS Catalina
iPhone 6, 64 GB, IOS 13
iPad Air3 64 Gb, Wifi, IOS 13.3
Yago is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 29th, 2020, 11:08 AM   #2
Full Citizen

I find the SD card adapters for iPads very unreliable. They work, then they don't work, for no apparent reason.

Photos has an Export command so you can dump all your photos onto your Mac and then burn them to DVD. I use Toast for all my burning needs, but MacOS has burning function built in.

Burn https://burn-osx.sourceforge.io/Pages/English/home.html is a free app that works well.
makuribu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2020, 06:03 PM   #3
New Neighbour

Thanks makuribu for taking time to help me. My adapter works all the time with pictures from my camera but never from iMacs photos... thatís why I suspect a format or OS or iCloud problem. Before Catalina (and iCloud) it was so simple and easy with the same adapter.
I always used Toast (Titanium 11 the latest) before installing Catalina. But since Catalina, forget my Toaster... Thatís another problem...

It is still very very anoying not being able to do what I want with my own pictures. There must be a way!

Thanks again makuribu, if you have other ideas please let me know,

iMac Retina 4K 21,5", 3 GHz Intel Core i5, 8GB, 2400 Mhz RAM, 256 GB SSD, OS Catalina
iPhone 6, 64 GB, IOS 13
iPad Air3 64 Gb, Wifi, IOS 13.3
Yago is offline   Reply With Quote