Where do you host, store and link your photos from? - Page 3 - ehMac.ca
Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Advertise


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Apr 3rd, 2015, 01:17 PM   #21
Honourable Citizen
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 17,004
Decided to revive this thread.

Flickr does not really do it for me, as a link to one photo or album gives whomever has it access to the entire Flickr account. Something that is not always desirable.

OTOH I do not really need the sync features that some sites use. Free would be nice as I am not trying to sell the images.
__________________
Ad links appearing in my posts were not placed there by me. I do not endorse any products which may be linked to my posts. Do not click on those links.

I retain all rights to photo-images I have posted on ehMac. They were posted that other members of the community could enjoy them. They may not be used or sold in any other way without my written consent.

Bill C-51 is an act of Terrorism! It cannot be fixed and should be immediately repealed!
eMacMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old Apr 3rd, 2015, 04:40 PM   #22
You are just an illusion
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Brossard, Quebec
Posts: 2,851
Postimg or photobucket?
__________________
MacBook Pro 8.1 - i5 2.3ghz, 16gb ram, 180gb SSD - Mine
IllusionX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2015, 05:43 PM   #23
Honourable Citizen
 
hexdiy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,392
Dropbox, Picasa, Photobucket and Postimg have been mentioned here. What about Imgur. com? Imgur
__________________
Recycle the planet!
hexdiy is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old Apr 4th, 2015, 09:00 AM   #24
Full Citizen
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Oakville, ON
Posts: 602
Quote:
Originally Posted by eMacMan View Post
Decided to revive this thread.

Flickr does not really do it for me, as a link to one photo or album gives whomever has it access to the entire Flickr account. Something that is not always desirable. ...
That's not correct. When you upload a photo, you decide if it is public or private. Private photos are shared only with those that you explicitly give access to--but they must also have a Flickr account.

Craig
WCraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4th, 2015, 10:44 AM   #25
Honourable Citizen
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 17,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by WCraig View Post
That's not correct. When you upload a photo, you decide if it is public or private. Private photos are shared only with those that you explicitly give access to--but they must also have a Flickr account.

Craig
That's the rub. What I need to be able to do is to pass along a URL for particular album(s) to some and other album URLs to others without forcing everyone to sign on. Nor I do not want anyone who happens to stumble upon one of my photos to have full access to everything.

BTW I believe a Yahoo eMail address is now required to join Flickr. Getting an Yahoo eMail now requires coughing up a mobile phone number. Something anyone with any degree of common sense is going to be very reluctant to do.

Yahoo Dumps Google, Facebook Logins For Flickr - InformationWeek
__________________
Ad links appearing in my posts were not placed there by me. I do not endorse any products which may be linked to my posts. Do not click on those links.

I retain all rights to photo-images I have posted on ehMac. They were posted that other members of the community could enjoy them. They may not be used or sold in any other way without my written consent.

Bill C-51 is an act of Terrorism! It cannot be fixed and should be immediately repealed!
eMacMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4th, 2015, 01:07 PM   #26
Resident Curmudgeon
 
SINC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Central Alberta
Posts: 84,913
Send a message via AIM to SINC
Again, Dropbox. I use it for all my hosting and you get 2 GB free. Never had to pay yet.
__________________
Visit my website:
St. Albert's Place On The Web
(Over 3.1 million folks have.)
SINC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4th, 2015, 01:34 PM   #27
Honourable Citizen
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 17,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by SINC View Post
Again, Dropbox. I use it for all my hosting and you get 2 GB free. Never had to pay yet.
Would be absolutely perfect, if they would dump the idiotic pop-up box which tries to trick visitors into signing up to view a link. A royal PITA having to include a instructions to close that box every time I forward a link.
__________________
Ad links appearing in my posts were not placed there by me. I do not endorse any products which may be linked to my posts. Do not click on those links.

I retain all rights to photo-images I have posted on ehMac. They were posted that other members of the community could enjoy them. They may not be used or sold in any other way without my written consent.

Bill C-51 is an act of Terrorism! It cannot be fixed and should be immediately repealed!
eMacMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10th, 2015, 08:12 AM   #28
Full Citizen
 
dtaylor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Region of Waterloo, Ontario
Posts: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by eMacMan View Post
That's the rub. What I need to be able to do is to pass along a URL for particular album(s) to some and other album URLs to others without forcing everyone to sign on. Nor I do not want anyone who happens to stumble upon one of my photos to have full access to everything.

I quite like OneDrive. It's got a clean web interface and a simple syncing process. If you share a link to a file or a photo album with someone, that is all they have access to, unlike Photobucket and its ilk.

It uses a syncing client that you can leave running all the time, or run only when you want to update your OneDrive folder to the cloud (which is what I do).

Folders in your local OneDrive Pictures folder show up as albums.

For example: http://1drv.ms/1GSn4GO
__________________
Daily Drivers:
13" i5 MBA; C2D mini; ATV 4; iPhone SE; Apple Watch 2

Just for Fun:
PB1400c (G3 upgrade); PB180; Apple IIc Plus
dtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10th, 2015, 09:59 AM   #29
Honourable Citizen
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 17,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtaylor View Post
I quite like OneDrive. It's got a clean web interface and a simple syncing process. If you share a link to a file or a photo album with someone, that is all they have access to, unlike Photobucket and its ilk.

It uses a syncing client that you can leave running all the time, or run only when you want to update your OneDrive folder to the cloud (which is what I do).

Folders in your local OneDrive Pictures folder show up as albums.

For example: http://1drv.ms/1GSn4GO
Can you post images directly to the website, bypassing the sync portion altogether?
__________________
Ad links appearing in my posts were not placed there by me. I do not endorse any products which may be linked to my posts. Do not click on those links.

I retain all rights to photo-images I have posted on ehMac. They were posted that other members of the community could enjoy them. They may not be used or sold in any other way without my written consent.

Bill C-51 is an act of Terrorism! It cannot be fixed and should be immediately repealed!
eMacMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11th, 2015, 12:13 AM   #30
Full Citizen
 
dtaylor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Region of Waterloo, Ontario
Posts: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by eMacMan View Post
Can you post images directly to the website, bypassing the sync portion altogether?
Yes, you can drag and drop files/pics to the web folder of choice, or click an "upload" link and and choose your files via dialogue box.
__________________
Daily Drivers:
13" i5 MBA; C2D mini; ATV 4; iPhone SE; Apple Watch 2

Just for Fun:
PB1400c (G3 upgrade); PB180; Apple IIc Plus
dtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Apple Store Account - order history 18 month limit CubaMark Anything Mac 4 Dec 6th, 2011 11:53 AM
iOS App store problem Macified All iOS - iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV & iTunes 0 May 15th, 2011 11:46 PM
app store icon only goes to US Itunes petero1818 All iOS - iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV & iTunes 1 Jul 14th, 2008 09:43 PM
Link Wray dies in Copenhagen gordguide Everything Else, eh! 2 Nov 21st, 2005 11:45 PM
Student Union Link on Apple Education Store not working yatko Anything Mac 6 Sep 20th, 2005 06:32 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:01 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999 - 2012, ehMac.ca All rights reserved. ehMac is not affiliated with Apple Inc. Mac, iPod, iTunes, iPhone, Apple TV are trademarks of Apple Inc. Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

Tribe.ca: Urban living in Toronto!