Once upon a time I had FC express and iMovie hadn't been dumbed down...
But hey-ho move on with the times
So... I'm a man of simple needs and simple brain. I would love to stick to iMovie because the learning curve is much flatter and I don't have that much time. Plus the $300.
Like many people I shoot DSLR + separate high quality audio. So far my workflow has been like this:
- Import clips + audio files
- Roughly align clips in the time line, in the right order/duration with lots of lose ends for later trimming
- Align audio files below the clips
- Synchronise the sound manually using the wave forms/claps (I know FCPX can synch automatically)
- Extract the original audio and throw it away.
At this point TROUBLE STARTS...
Although the sound file is in theory anchored to the clip, it is only the case if I move the whole clip around. If I want to trim anything, the audio 'doesn't follow' and gets immediately out of synch.
I have tried to select both the video and the audio: FAIL
I have tried to push the audio file back into the 'blue' zone so that it replaces the original audio: FAIL
- Is my only hope FCPX Obi Wan or is there a Way
- If I splurge on FCPX will this definitely work ?
PS: I can't get a trial of FCPX anymore - have used one and let it run its clock without trying to learn it
Bop 'til you drop
MB Pro 13 | i5 | 16 Gigs of shiny DDR RAM | 1TB SSD - we have arrived...
iMac 27 i5 16Gig 1TB
iPad Air 64Gig
Time Capsule 1TB | 4TB connected HD
iPhone 6: "Too big, but bloody fast..." & a bunch of ill fitting ear buds
Canon 7D proper camera with nice L glass and Lightroom 6