YES! I'm answering a year later (but it may help someone else in the future).
I've had this happen a few times and I've found a couple of possible solutions:
1) If the .mp3 has an embedded cover, remove that (I use Tagger to look at the metadata of the .mp3 file and remove the cover that way). Then try to reimport. About 80% of the time, that's the culprit for me.
2) If there's '&' in the artist name or album name or the file name ends with '.MP3', that sometimes screws things up. Try replacing '&' with 'and' or '.MP3' with '.mp3' see what happens.
3) If those things don't work, I find that sometimes getting rid of the 'album artist' tag entry works and then I can import the file.
I have no idea why but with these three options, I've very very rarely had a file spit back at me and not want to play nicely and I have about 78K songs.
Last edited by Betty Woo; Dec 31st, 2020 at 08:12 PM.
Reason: spellin mysteak