Originally posted by ehMax:
Trading Post Rules and Guidelines:
(Last revised February, 2nd 2004)
1. Private Sales Only - You may only post personal items for sale. No commercial posting from Authorized Apple Dealers, Mac Dealers, hobbyist sellers or "horse traders" without the express consent from ehMac. To inquire about commercial postings, please send an email to [email protected]
2. Please use discretion when replying - Offers should be directed to the buyer or seller privately. Post questions/comments only when important clarification needs to be made.
3. No "Price Police" If you like an item, bid. Too expensive? Don't bid. No negative comments on pricing.
4. Do not unfairly "bump" items - Do not make a quick, pointless post about your item simply to "bump" it to the top of the forum. You may make important points for clarification or notify members when the price has changed.
5. "Price Checks" or "Interest Checks" - Should be posted in the Anything Mac forum, not the Trading Post. If you're not sure what you're item is worth, post what you think it's worth and add O.B.O. (Or best offer) If you get no bids, you're asking too much.
6. Posted software MUST
include original CD's and manuals - This includes CPUs with "included software". You must
indicate that original CDs and Manuals are included. See your software's End User License Agreement for terms and conditions.
Trading Post Etiquette
- Start the title of your thread with either FS, FS/FT, or WTB.
- Try to be as clear and descriptive as possible. Post the asking price clearly. Link to a photo if possible. The more information you provide, the less likely you'll be bombarded with questions for clarification.
- Make sure you provide a valid email address in your profile or have the Private Message feature turned on.
- Be polite, courteous and honest.
Do you find the Trading Post a valuable resource? Please feel free to make a donation to ehMac via Paypal.
For any questions or comments, please email [email protected]
*Be aware there are risks to trading online* - The Trading Post is provided "as is". Use it at your own risk. ehMac has not had any major incidents, but you have to be careful! Below are some safety guidelines:
- Use common sense.
- Ask your seller questions before placing a bid by sending a Private Message or a direct email.
- Ask before hand about refund and return policies.
- Confirm authenticity of the item. A copy of the bill of sale, photos etc... are good ways to guarantee the seller indeed has the item.
- Know the shipping charges before you buy.
- Insure your item.
- Verify your seller's contact information before sending payment.
- Make sure your method of payment offers protection.
- Avoid transactions where the seller only accepts cash or instant cash wire transfer.
- Avoid unsolicited offers.
- Consider a bonded and licensed escrow service for items over $500.
- Use extra caution with high dollar and popular items.
- Keep a record of all purchases, emails, shipping labels, hair fibers and DNA samples.