Well thanks for all the suggestions and I got it working thanks.
I made a call to my ISP to see if any ehmac emails might be getting blacklisted or whatever, but the "tech" was completely useless and didn't seem to understand what I was explaining and I could barely (I'd say NOT) understand most of his Chinese English, and yes he was in the local office!!!
Besides that, the email account is an old grandfathered SOHO one that they honor but I don't think gets much of their support, so with that in mind, I changed my email address in my ehmac's settings. Returned the confirmation I was sent and the email subscription emails started arriving and seem to still be working.
So I think my hunch of the other email server blacklisting my ehmac emails is correct or it's experiencing some timeout as it was doing last fall when I had the same problem.
So here's hoping it keeps working…