Finally! New program guide coming from Rogers - Page 2 - ehMac.ca
Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Advertise


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jan 20th, 2012, 01:32 PM   #11
Vorlon Ambassador
 
Kosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 5,295
I hope this new Rogers On Demand interface is faster than the current On Demand interface. The current On Demand interface is slow as Molasses.

As for the Guide, I'll wait and see what it's like before commenting.

as far as I know, all my boxes are new Cisco boxes. One is rented, the other I bought. I think buying a box is gonna bite me in the butt, Rogers seems to keep on updating/changing them.
__________________
-- Mac Pro Dual 3.0 Dual Core, 4GB RAM, 150GB Raptor HD, 500GB HD, Superdrive, Radeon X1900XT, Bluetooth, Airport Exteme, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speakers, 30" ACD
-- PowerMac G5 Dual 2.5, 2.5GB RAM, 160GB HD, Superdrive, Radeon X800XT, Bluetooth, Airport Extreme
-- Macbook Pro 2.53 15", 4GB, 320GB HD, SuperDrive, Bluetooth, Airport Extreme
Kosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old Jan 20th, 2012, 01:45 PM   #12
Seriously?
 
Joker Eh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Posts: 4,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosh View Post
I hope this new Rogers On Demand interface is faster than the current On Demand interface. The current On Demand interface is slow as Molasses.
As for the Guide, I'll wait and see what it's like before commenting.

as far as I know, all my boxes are new Cisco boxes. One is rented, the other I bought. I think buying a box is gonna bite me in the butt, Rogers seems to keep on updating/changing them.
Check the link to the rogers website.
Joker Eh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2012, 08:02 AM   #13
Honourable Citizen
 
RunTheWorldOnMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Kanata
Posts: 2,705
I know the ui is ugly at sin but it's easy to use and is simple. The new ui is going to be complicated as hell and annoying. Developers these days try to make things to feature rich they implement useless junk nobody wants or needs... mark my words... you will all regret the new guide!
__________________
Cheers,

Scott
RunTheWorldOnMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2012, 10:32 AM   #14
Retired Mayor of ehMac
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Ontario
Posts: 10,264
Send a message via AIM to ehMax
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunTheWorldOnMac View Post
I know the ui is ugly at sin but it's easy to use and is simple. The new ui is going to be complicated as hell and annoying. Developers these days try to make things to feature rich they implement useless junk nobody wants or needs... mark my words... you will all regret the new guide!
If you've ever used a TIVO, the thing is extremely simple to use. I don't find anything about the Rogers UI simple, even the basic features are poorly laid out, but the lack of basic functionality is appalling. Once you have those features, it's really hard to do without.

I haven't seen or used the new Rogers program guide, and coming from Rogers... there is a high chance that they'll muck it up. I will be cautiously optimistic that it will have some of the features I'm desperately looking for.

PS... anybody have their's updated yet?
ehMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2012, 10:37 AM   #15
Klingon Warrior
 
Chimpur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Etobicoke
Posts: 1,494
Send a message via AIM to Chimpur Send a message via MSN to Chimpur
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehMax View Post
If you've ever used a TIVO, the thing is extremely simple to use. I don't find anything about the Rogers UI simple, even the basic features are poorly laid out, but the lack of basic functionality is appalling. Once you have those features, it's really hard to do without.

I haven't seen or used the new Rogers program guide, and coming from Rogers... there is a high chance that they'll muck it up. I will be cautiously optimistic that it will have some of the features I'm desperately looking for.

PS... anybody have their's updated yet?
Nope, still the old ugly UI. I will be nice that its a full 1080p/i so that I don't get those side bars every time I open the guide.
__________________
  • Black iPhone 5 32GB Telus
  • Macbook Pro 15" (Late 2011) 2.2 GHz i7 Quad, 16GB Ram, 512 Seagate SSD
  • PowerMac G4 MDD FW800 Dual 1.42 GHz, 2GB Ram, 256, and 160GB HDD
  • iMac G4 17" 1.25 GHz, 2GB Ram, 80GB HDD
  • iBook G3 (Late 2001) 500 MHz, 640MB Ran, 15GB HDD
  • iBook G4 12" (Mid 2005) 1.33 GHz, 1.25GB Ram, 80GB HDD
  • PowerBook G4 (12" 1.5 GHz) 1.25GB Ram, 120GB OWC SSD
  • iBook G3 366MHZ 576Mb Ram, 10Gb HDD
  • iMac G5 (17" 2004) 21.6 GHz, 2GB Ram, 1TB HDD
Chimpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8th, 2012, 11:36 AM   #16
Seriously?
 
Joker Eh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Posts: 4,442
Anyone have it updated??
Joker Eh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8th, 2012, 11:37 AM   #17
Retired Mayor of ehMac
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Ontario
Posts: 10,264
Send a message via AIM to ehMax
Not yet, I eagerly check every morning.
ehMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8th, 2012, 11:39 AM   #18
Klingon Warrior
 
Chimpur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Etobicoke
Posts: 1,494
Send a message via AIM to Chimpur Send a message via MSN to Chimpur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker Eh View Post
Anyone have it updated??
Nope not still yet.
__________________
  • Black iPhone 5 32GB Telus
  • Macbook Pro 15" (Late 2011) 2.2 GHz i7 Quad, 16GB Ram, 512 Seagate SSD
  • PowerMac G4 MDD FW800 Dual 1.42 GHz, 2GB Ram, 256, and 160GB HDD
  • iMac G4 17" 1.25 GHz, 2GB Ram, 80GB HDD
  • iBook G3 (Late 2001) 500 MHz, 640MB Ran, 15GB HDD
  • iBook G4 12" (Mid 2005) 1.33 GHz, 1.25GB Ram, 80GB HDD
  • PowerBook G4 (12" 1.5 GHz) 1.25GB Ram, 120GB OWC SSD
  • iBook G3 366MHZ 576Mb Ram, 10Gb HDD
  • iMac G5 (17" 2004) 21.6 GHz, 2GB Ram, 1TB HDD
Chimpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8th, 2012, 11:55 AM   #19
Seriously?
 
Joker Eh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Posts: 4,442
DO you both own your hardware? Just wondering if that makes a difference.
Joker Eh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8th, 2012, 11:56 AM   #20
Klingon Warrior
 
Chimpur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Etobicoke
Posts: 1,494
Send a message via AIM to Chimpur Send a message via MSN to Chimpur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker Eh View Post
DO you both own your hardware? Just wondering if that makes a difference.
My family and I rent 2 Cisco PVR's and neither one has been pushed and update.
__________________
  • Black iPhone 5 32GB Telus
  • Macbook Pro 15" (Late 2011) 2.2 GHz i7 Quad, 16GB Ram, 512 Seagate SSD
  • PowerMac G4 MDD FW800 Dual 1.42 GHz, 2GB Ram, 256, and 160GB HDD
  • iMac G4 17" 1.25 GHz, 2GB Ram, 80GB HDD
  • iBook G3 (Late 2001) 500 MHz, 640MB Ran, 15GB HDD
  • iBook G4 12" (Mid 2005) 1.33 GHz, 1.25GB Ram, 80GB HDD
  • PowerBook G4 (12" 1.5 GHz) 1.25GB Ram, 120GB OWC SSD
  • iBook G3 366MHZ 576Mb Ram, 10Gb HDD
  • iMac G5 (17" 2004) 21.6 GHz, 2GB Ram, 1TB HDD
Chimpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
guide, program, rogers

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:58 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999 - 2012, ehMac.ca All rights reserved. ehMac is not affiliated with Apple Inc. Mac, iPod, iTunes, iPhone, Apple TV are trademarks of Apple Inc. Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

Tribe.ca: Urban living in Toronto!