Don't be shy, (re)Introduce Yourself to the ehMac.ca Community! - Page 10 - ehMac.ca
Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Advertise


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Oct 15th, 2006, 03:27 PM   #91
CIO of CYA
 
Ottawaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 3,857
Hi Just Doug
Ottawaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old Oct 16th, 2006, 06:35 AM   #92
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawaman
Hi Just Doug
Back at ya bud.
Just_Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th, 2006, 11:39 AM   #93
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 655
Welcome to the ehmac Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Doug
I live about 10 minutes outside of Kitchener, Ontario, Canada. Two kids, too many computers. Into camping (including winter camping), video editing and the odd computer game...
A pleasure meeting you!
sheamusj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17th, 2006, 01:52 PM   #94
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 9
New to ehMac - almost new to Canada

Hi there,

Male, early thirties, originally from the Caribbean, resettled in Eastern Canada.

-PowerBook G4-
braintree78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17th, 2006, 05:01 PM   #95
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 655
A Pleasure Meeting You

Quote:
Originally Posted by braintree78
Hi there,

Male, early thirties, originally from the Caribbean, resettled in Eastern Canada.

-PowerBook G4-
Welcome to the ehMac community!
sheamusj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17th, 2006, 08:18 PM   #96
Full Citizen
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Halton Hills
Posts: 156
Names Andy and yes I'm male, I live in Halton Hills, Originally from the UK.
I work for a mass merchandiser and look after the building/opening of new stores.
I enjoy digital photography, woodworking, gardening, autosports and the odd beer or two.
Owned PC's since around 1990, bought and keyed my first Mac 2 weeks ago.
It's a MacPro 2.66 with 2 gigs and 2 Sdrives which is overkill for me as I play with photos, surf the net and do my banking. I bought a Mac yes because I got sick of viruses and programs like Norton and ZA etc. leeching from my system and ultimately providing zero protection. Do I sound bitter? My nephew, a young lady in graphics and my sister in Oz all convinced me to go Mac.
No favourite progs yet in fact I'm in the middle of what for me is a very steep learning or should I say re-learning curve. But I will win and to help me win I joined ehMac which I googled. So far it's been a big help.
__________________
My first Mac, a Pro
My 2nd a Macbook, also Pro
AndyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18th, 2006, 08:28 AM   #97
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 655
Welcome to the ehmac Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyB
Names Andy and yes I'm male, I live in Halton Hills, Originally from the UK.
I work for a mass merchandiser and look after the building/opening of new stores.
I enjoy digital photography, woodworking, gardening, autosports and the odd beer or two.
Owned PC's since around 1990, bought and keyed my first Mac 2 weeks ago.
It's a MacPro 2.66 with 2 gigs and 2 Sdrives which is overkill for me as I play with photos, surf the net and do my banking. I bought a Mac yes because I got sick of viruses and programs like Norton and ZA etc. leeching from my system and ultimately providing zero protection. Do I sound bitter? My nephew, a young lady in graphics and my sister in Oz all convinced me to go Mac.
No favourite progs yet in fact I'm in the middle of what for me is a very steep learning or should I say re-learning curve. But I will win and to help me win I joined ehMac which I googled. So far it's been a big help.
A pleasure to meet you AndyB!

I'm sure you will be very happy with you new MacPro. BTW what are Sdrives and how did you get two in your new Mac?
sheamusj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18th, 2006, 10:44 AM   #98
Full Citizen
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Halton Hills
Posts: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheamusj
A pleasure to meet you AndyB!

I'm sure you will be very happy with you new MacPro. BTW what are Sdrives and how did you get two in your new Mac?
SDrives=Super Drives Macs word for DVD player/burner and it was a buy 1 get 2. Well actually you buy the 2nd drive and they give you one when you buy the Mac
__________________
My first Mac, a Pro
My 2nd a Macbook, also Pro
AndyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2006, 11:00 PM   #99
Perpetually Caffeinated.
 
rampancy_fatalin.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 179
My name's Justin, and I'm a new grad student in ecology and evolution at UNB Fredericton. I've been lurking around here for a while, partly because I've been busy with school and partly because I've been usually spending my time on other forums like AppleNova and AppleInsider.

I'm originally from Toronto, where I spent a lot of my time upgrading and modding my Dual 1.25 Ghz MDD G4, with more than a little help from Steve Smedley, the fellow in the UK behind aqua-mac - when I wasn't busy trying to survive my undergrad program at U of T.

I have to say, the ordeal I had to go through to get a Pioneer DVR-111D and a good Firewire/USB drive case for it makes me miss College and Spadina, where a good fifteen minutes and less than $80 would get me a great DVD burner and an equally great case for it. Oh well. The people here are actually about a nice as people back in Toronto said they would be...
rampancy_fatalin. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2006, 07:35 AM   #100
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 655
Welcome to the ehmac Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by rampancy_fatalin.
My name's Justin, and I'm a new grad student in ecology and evolution at UNB Fredericton. I've been lurking around here for a while, partly because I've been busy with school and partly because I've been usually spending my time on other forums like AppleNova and AppleInsider.

I'm originally from Toronto, where I spent a lot of my time upgrading and modding my Dual 1.25 Ghz MDD G4, with more than a little help from Steve Smedley, the fellow in the UK behind aqua-mac - when I wasn't busy trying to survive my undergrad program at U of T.

I have to say, the ordeal I had to go through to get a Pioneer DVR-111D and a good Firewire/USB drive case for it makes me miss College and Spadina, where a good fifteen minutes and less than $80 would get me a great DVD burner and an equally great case for it. Oh well. The people here are actually about a nice as people back in Toronto said they would be...
A pleasure to meet you Justin and very best wishes for great success in your studies at UNB Frederickton!

Enjoyed your comment regarding "College and Spadina"... It so happens that I was there yesterday.
sheamusj is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Some ehMac.ca changes / improvements coming! Feedback / Suggestions wanted! ehMax Info Centre 146 Nov 3rd, 2006 11:55 PM
Become an ehMac.ca Sponsored Member! Includes ehMac.ca email addy, discounts + more!! ehMax Everything Else, eh! 1 Sep 4th, 2006 10:51 PM
Become an ehMac.ca Sponsored Member! Includes ehMac.ca email addy, discounts + more!! ehMax All iOS - iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV & iTunes 1 Sep 4th, 2006 10:50 PM
ehMac.ca : Podcast (22) : ABC's of ehMac.ca Heart All iOS - iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV & iTunes 3 Jan 14th, 2006 10:42 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:31 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999 - 2012, ehMac.ca All rights reserved. ehMac is not affiliated with Apple Inc. Mac, iPod, iTunes, iPhone, Apple TV are trademarks of Apple Inc. Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

Tribe.ca: Urban living in Toronto!