Burning, Looting & Murder - Page 2 - ehMac.ca
Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Advertise


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jun 19th, 2020, 12:38 PM   #11
Honourable Citizen
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Gibsons, BC
Posts: 1,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfury View Post
You're not going to find a lot of arrest records, because police were ordered to stand down during the riots.
I'm sorry....what? Have you not been paying attention?

Quote:
The feds arrested about 85 people out of thousands, among which there were no certain identifications of Antifa. Are you implying that Antifa wasn't part of the violence?
Wait...you just said, "there were no certain identifications of Antifa". So, by your own statement, Antifa (which *isn't* an organization, BTW) wasn't part of whatever riots you're referring to.

I'm not implying anything. You said, "It's also true that they did show up at some locations where they were expected and indulged in significant violence." But you have provided no evidence or facts to back that up except *three* people being a "mob."
__________________
--
Shawn King
Host/Executive Producer of the longest lasting (26+ years!)
and one of the most popular Macintosh-focused Broadcasts
on the Internet - Your Mac Life.
ShawnKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old Jun 19th, 2020, 12:40 PM   #12
Honourable Citizen
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Gibsons, BC
Posts: 1,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeXL View Post
Curious how quickly the cold slap of reality changes "freedom fighters" into "domestic terrorists".
Yeah - especially when it's white people doing it. Quite interesting the story you link to has a picture of a Black man (for no apparent reason) but the facts show the video of the graffiti and...surprise, surprise, it's a white guy spray painting the mayor's house. Now, why would you initial source use such an inflammatory and false image? Hmmm...I wonder...what ever could be the reason?
__________________
--
Shawn King
Host/Executive Producer of the longest lasting (26+ years!)
and one of the most popular Macintosh-focused Broadcasts
on the Internet - Your Mac Life.
ShawnKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2020, 12:49 PM   #13
Honourable Citizen
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: S. Alberta
Posts: 23,220
White, black, red, yellow, brown, purple with orange polka dots, doesn't matter. Skin colour isn't the issue here.

All these Progs are in support of the burning, looting, murder, etc., until it hits their back yard. Or, in this instance, front yard. Suddenly the tune changes.

The irony is delicious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnKing View Post
Yeah - especially when it's white people doing it.
__________________
Just a meat eating, mouth-breathing, knuckle-dragging, Harley riding deplorable troglodyte peoplekind, back from a better place...

“Have no respect whatsoever for authority; forget who said it and instead look what he starts with, where he ends up, and ask yourself, is it reasonable?” —Richard Feynman

“Charm and nothing but charm at last grows a little tiresome...It's a relief then to deal with a man who isn't quite so delightful but a little more sincere.” — W. Somerset Maugham
FeXL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2020, 12:56 PM   #14
Honourable Citizen
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: S. Alberta
Posts: 23,220
More than 1,500 buildings, many black-owned businesses, damaged in Twin Cities area as violence continues

Quote:
Black lives matter? Really? Well, as the city officials noted, the damage was almost all in “minority communities.” This disproportionately affects black business owners and consumers alike. It will permanently run down property values and, in the long run, ensure that there is no investment in these neighborhoods.

This is a reflection of what is happening in the rampant anarchy and the war on cops. The same way more black people become victims of crime when the police are forced to cower in their stations, more black businesses are destroyed and the quality of minority neighborhoods plummets thanks to the hands-off approach of cops.
__________________
Just a meat eating, mouth-breathing, knuckle-dragging, Harley riding deplorable troglodyte peoplekind, back from a better place...

“Have no respect whatsoever for authority; forget who said it and instead look what he starts with, where he ends up, and ask yourself, is it reasonable?” —Richard Feynman

“Charm and nothing but charm at last grows a little tiresome...It's a relief then to deal with a man who isn't quite so delightful but a little more sincere.” — W. Somerset Maugham
FeXL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2020, 12:58 PM   #15
Honourable Citizen
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: S. Alberta
Posts: 23,220
In another lifetime I drove freight truck. No way in hell I'm entering a "No Cops" zone.

Poll: 79% of Truck Drivers Won’t Deliver to Cities That Defund Police – ‘My Life Matters’

Quote:
A recent poll revealed that 79% of truck drivers that responded said they would not deliver products to cities that defund or disband their police departments.

In the CDL Life poll, a news organization aimed specifically at truckers, the group asked truck drivers, “Would you pick up/deliver to cities with defunded or disbanded police departments? Why or why not?”

Seventy-nine percent of 1,283 respondents said they would not pick up/deliver in cities that had disbanded or defunded their police departments.
__________________
Just a meat eating, mouth-breathing, knuckle-dragging, Harley riding deplorable troglodyte peoplekind, back from a better place...

“Have no respect whatsoever for authority; forget who said it and instead look what he starts with, where he ends up, and ask yourself, is it reasonable?” —Richard Feynman

“Charm and nothing but charm at last grows a little tiresome...It's a relief then to deal with a man who isn't quite so delightful but a little more sincere.” — W. Somerset Maugham
FeXL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2020, 01:12 PM   #16
Honourable Citizen
 
Macfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Toronto Proper
Posts: 41,850
No, I said few people were arrested anywhere, not that antifa adherents were not involved in violence or riots.

Did I call Antifa an organization?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnKing View Post
Wait...you just said, "there were no certain identifications of Antifa". So, by your own statement, Antifa (which *isn't* an organization, BTW) wasn't part of whatever riots you're referring to.
__________________
"My life is my own."

Mac Pro 5,1 3.2 GHZ Quad Core; MacBook Pro 1,1; iPhone 4
Macfury is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2020, 03:11 PM   #17
Honourable Citizen
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Gibsons, BC
Posts: 1,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeXL View Post
In another lifetime I drove freight truck. No way in hell I'm entering a "No Cops" zone.

Poll: 79% of Truck Drivers Won’t Deliver to Cities That Defund Police – ‘My Life Matters’
LMAO It's *really* hard to take you seriously when all the "news" articles you post are from suspect far-right "sources". Little window into your feelings on the matters under discussion. And, that being said, I don't need to waste any further time trying to get facts out of or into you. You're not interested. You've got your own reality and nothing I or anyone else says is going to change that.

Have a nice day.
__________________
--
Shawn King
Host/Executive Producer of the longest lasting (26+ years!)
and one of the most popular Macintosh-focused Broadcasts
on the Internet - Your Mac Life.
ShawnKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2020, 03:21 PM   #18
Honourable Citizen
 
Macfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Toronto Proper
Posts: 41,850
If you had read the article, you would see that you were triggered by a poll conducted by a commercial trucking news magazine, not a "far right source":

https://cdllife.com/2020/truck-drive...e-departments/

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnKing View Post
LMAO It's *really* hard to take you seriously when all the "news" articles you post are from suspect far-right "sources". Little window into your feelings on the matters under discussion. And, that being said, I don't need to waste any further time trying to get facts out of or into you. You're not interested. You've got your own reality and nothing I or anyone else says is going to change that.

Have a nice day.
__________________
"My life is my own."

Mac Pro 5,1 3.2 GHZ Quad Core; MacBook Pro 1,1; iPhone 4
Macfury is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2020, 04:17 PM   #19
Honourable Citizen
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: S. Alberta
Posts: 23,220
Let me get this correct...

Rather than discuss the issue, you write off the source as out of hand, with no, zero, empirical evidence of your own to back up your claim. Is that it?

If that's what passes for reasoned debate in your world, you're welcome to it.

As far as my position on this Charlie Foxtrot, yes, it's probably as clear as yours. The difference between you and I is that I'm more than willing to be convinced otherwise. Present a thoughtful, well-reasoned argument with empirical evidence to back it up & I'll listen to it.

Pout about far-right news sources, pick up your ball & sneak home, well, you've just relegated yourself to the ash pile of lefties on these boards who are unable to make their point in an even argument.

One more thing: if my sources are as weak and erroneous as you claim them to be, it should be with relative ease that you dismantle my argument. Yet you left...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnKing View Post
LMAO It's *really* hard to take you seriously when all the "news" articles you post are from suspect far-right "sources".
__________________
Just a meat eating, mouth-breathing, knuckle-dragging, Harley riding deplorable troglodyte peoplekind, back from a better place...

“Have no respect whatsoever for authority; forget who said it and instead look what he starts with, where he ends up, and ask yourself, is it reasonable?” —Richard Feynman

“Charm and nothing but charm at last grows a little tiresome...It's a relief then to deal with a man who isn't quite so delightful but a little more sincere.” — W. Somerset Maugham
FeXL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2020, 07:11 PM   #20
Honourable Citizen
 
Macfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Toronto Proper
Posts: 41,850
This is straight prog playbook. One gear forward, five in reverse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeXL View Post
Let me get this correct...

Rather than discuss the issue, you write off the source as out of hand, with no, zero, empirical evidence of your own to back up your claim. Is that it?

If that's what passes for reasoned debate in your world, you're welcome to it.

As far as my position on this Charlie Foxtrot, yes, it's probably as clear as yours. The difference between you and I is that I'm more than willing to be convinced otherwise. Present a thoughtful, well-reasoned argument with empirical evidence to back it up & I'll listen to it.

Pout about far-right news sources, pick up your ball & sneak home, well, you've just relegated yourself to the ash pile of lefties on these boards who are unable to make their point in an even argument.

One more thing: if my sources are as weak and erroneous as you claim them to be, it should be with relative ease that you dismantle my argument. Yet you left...
__________________
"My life is my own."

Mac Pro 5,1 3.2 GHZ Quad Core; MacBook Pro 1,1; iPhone 4
Macfury is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:18 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 1999 - 2012, ehMac.ca All rights reserved. ehMac is not affiliated with Apple Inc. Mac, iPod, iTunes, iPhone, Apple TV are trademarks of Apple Inc. Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

Tribe.ca: Urban living in Toronto!