Attacks against Muslims (and immigrants) in Canada - ehMac.ca
Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Advertise


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jan 13th, 2018, 12:11 PM   #1
Honourable Citizen
 
CubaMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Posts: 17,375
Send a message via AIM to CubaMark
Attacks against Muslims (and immigrants) in Canada

'I felt really scared:' Toronto girl says man tried to cut off her hijab as she walked to school


An 11-year-old Toronto girl says a man attempted twice to cut off her hijab as she walked to school on Friday morning, and police are now characterizing the attack as a hate crime.

"I felt really scared and confused," Khawlah Noman, a student at Pauline Johnson Junior Public School in Scarborough, Ont., said at a news conference Friday afternoon.

Khawlah said she felt the man behind her while she was walking to school with her younger brother, Mohammad Zakariyya, and turned around and saw him holding scissors. She says she screamed and he ran away, but returned a few minutes later.

"He continued cutting my hijab again" before smiling and running away, said Khawlah.

Toronto police are investigating the incident as a hate crime.

* * *

Khawlah said she's now "actually really scared" to walk to school.

"What you're doing is really wrong, you should not act like this, and especially, I'm a kid," she said, addressing her attacker.

* * *

Police are asking for the public's help to identify the attacker described as Asian, of medium build, with a thin moustache and black prescription glasses.

The man is said to be in his mid-20s, and was wearing a black hooded sweatshirt and black pants.

They are asking that anyone with security or dash cam video who may have been in the Birchmount Road and Bay Mills Boulevard area around 9 a.m. to check their footage in case they captured the attack.

(CBC)
__________________
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
The Cuban Revolution as Socialist Human Development Brill Books (Amazon Paperback)

Last edited by CubaMark; Jul 18th, 2018 at 09:25 PM.
CubaMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old Jan 13th, 2018, 04:14 PM   #2
Honourable Citizen
 
Beej's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 8,703
I hope the assailant is caught. These sorts of crimes, while not the norm, do happen regularly.

https://www.statcan.gc.ca/daily-quot.../t002d-eng.htm

Regarding religious motives, anti-muslim acts are quite high at #2.
Beej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13th, 2018, 05:28 PM   #3
Honourable Citizen
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: S. Alberta
Posts: 20,905
Tell ya what, CM. How's about for every post about an attack on a Muslim in Canada I post a hunnert links to Muslim attacks worldwide?

Would that be an acceptable trade? I can go higher if you like.
__________________
Just a meat eating, mouth-breathing, knuckle-dragging, Harley riding deplorable troglodyte peoplekind, back from a better place...

“Have no respect whatsoever for authority; forget who said it and instead look what he starts with, where he ends up, and ask yourself, is it reasonable?” —Richard Feynman

“Charm and nothing but charm at last grows a little tiresome...It's a relief then to deal with a man who isn't quite so delightful but a little more sincere.” — W. Somerset Maugham
FeXL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2018, 11:27 AM   #4
Honourable Citizen
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: S. Alberta
Posts: 20,905
So, I'd like to talk about this alleged attack some.

First off, I'm not saying it didn't happen. Yet. I'm going to wait for more of the facts to come out before I decide either way.

Second, there are certain details about this alleged attack that didn't pass the sniff test right from the get go. The biggest for me was "cutting off my hijab". Why not just pull it off? Ranking right up there, where is said evidence of cut hijab? Anybody seen a photo of the piece that remained on her head? Me, neither.

Third, as I read more about the alleged attack online, further inconsistencies are revealed, not the least of which is the timeline. Read the link for more info.

Clock Girl

Quote:
[email protected] is right.

If the girl was assaulted while walking to school on Friday morning, how is it even possible that @CBCNews has a reporter dispatched, facts verified, and story written by 9:49 AM?

Simply not possible. pic.twitter.com/5aAAuNMQkL
— John Groves (@jfgroves) January 14, 2018
Caution: some of the comments display poor taste.

Questions, questions, questions...
__________________
Just a meat eating, mouth-breathing, knuckle-dragging, Harley riding deplorable troglodyte peoplekind, back from a better place...

“Have no respect whatsoever for authority; forget who said it and instead look what he starts with, where he ends up, and ask yourself, is it reasonable?” —Richard Feynman

“Charm and nothing but charm at last grows a little tiresome...It's a relief then to deal with a man who isn't quite so delightful but a little more sincere.” — W. Somerset Maugham
FeXL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2018, 12:23 PM   #5
Honourable Citizen
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: S. Alberta
Posts: 20,905
Toronto schoolgirl, 11, 'really scared' after hijab cut in scissors attack

More facts: She's 11. Somewhat unusual to be wearing a hijab. Police looking for an "Asian" man in his 20's w/ black hair & a moustache. Muslim on Muslim violence? (the iron...)

Questions, questions, questions...
__________________
Just a meat eating, mouth-breathing, knuckle-dragging, Harley riding deplorable troglodyte peoplekind, back from a better place...

“Have no respect whatsoever for authority; forget who said it and instead look what he starts with, where he ends up, and ask yourself, is it reasonable?” —Richard Feynman

“Charm and nothing but charm at last grows a little tiresome...It's a relief then to deal with a man who isn't quite so delightful but a little more sincere.” — W. Somerset Maugham
FeXL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2018, 12:58 PM   #6
Honourable Citizen
 
CubaMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Posts: 17,375
Send a message via AIM to CubaMark
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeXL View Post
... I'm going to wait for more of the facts to come out before I decide either way.
A commendable change in your usual M.O.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeXL View Post
... where is said evidence of cut hijab? Anybody seen a photo of the piece that remained on her head? Me, neither.
It was stated in the article that the police have the hijab held as evidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeXL View Post
Read the link for more info.

Clock Girl

Caution: some of the comments display poor taste.
Jeebus Reading that story, and the comments from the mental giants who follow it, puts an entirely new light on your personality. Talk about wackos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeXL View Post
Questions, questions, questions...
Sure. Ask your questions. Wait for the facts, as you say. Perhaps this is a hoax. But the rantings of the folks at that dead animal blog you frequently follow put this incident on par with the faking of the moon landing, and just as unlikely, given the number of people in the media / government / school system / police force who would have to "be in on it".

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeXL View Post
More facts: She's 11. Somewhat unusual to be wearing a hijab.
Not unusual at all. Follow this link, and scroll down to the section "Hijab Customs" for elaboration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeXL View Post
Police looking for an "Asian" man in his 20's w/ black hair & a moustache.
Another reason "Asian" is useless as a descriptor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeXL View Post
Muslim on Muslim violence? (the iron...)
Where on earth did you get that? Oh, right, that's one of the usual tropes of the right-wingers. Your pals at The Rebel tried that with the Quebec Mosque shooting last year.
__________________
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
The Cuban Revolution as Socialist Human Development Brill Books (Amazon Paperback)
CubaMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2018, 01:38 PM   #7
Honourable Citizen
 
CubaMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Posts: 17,375
Send a message via AIM to CubaMark
Details from The Toronto Star add to our understanding of the incident:

Quote:
Khawlah Noman was walking to school with her younger brother on Friday when she felt somebody pull the hood of her winter jacket down. Protected from the rain was the 11-year-old’s light blue hijab — the target of a man holding a pair of scissors with a blue handle.
If this 11-year-old girl isn't conducting some kind of vast conspiracy intending to trick us into feeling sorry for jihadist muslims-in-training (did I get that right, FeXL?), then the likelihood of the perpetrator being charged with a hate crime seems likely. He removed the jacket hood and specifically targeted the hijab, which had been for the most part obscured by the jacket hood. As a symbol of Islam, his target was very much religious in nature. He did not attack the girl: he attacked the symbol of the religion.
__________________
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
The Cuban Revolution as Socialist Human Development Brill Books (Amazon Paperback)
CubaMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2018, 01:57 PM   #8
Resident Curmudgeon
 
SINC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Central Alberta
Posts: 85,270
Send a message via AIM to SINC
I will not get into the debate about a single incident, but I would be interested in opinions on the longer situation as Muslim immigration to this country continues to be championed by our current leader, The Hairpiece.

Think about a future where Muslims continue to not only immigrate, but multiple internally until they become a majority in our country. What is their long term intention? Is it to assimilate and meld with us, or ultimately take us over and have their own vision of Canada as a Muslim country with Sharia law?

The do gooders among us will poo poo that type of thinking, but are they blind to the threat?

That is the real crisis that we do not now face, but our grandchildren may very well have to endure. It is simply the beginning that may lead to the end?

Some folks are far too quick to ignore the possibility.

Just saying.
__________________
Visit my website:
St. Albert's Place On The Web
(Over 3.1 million folks have.)
SINC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2018, 11:19 AM   #9
Honourable Citizen
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: S. Alberta
Posts: 20,905
HA!

Toronto police say girl's reported hijab-cutting didn’t happen

Quote:
Toronto police say an 11-year-old girl's report of having her hijab cut by a scissors-wielding man as she walked to school last week did not happen.
Screw you, CM. And the hat yer wearin' & the horse you rode in on.

You accuse me of not waiting for the facts, yet you jump on this stinky smelling story like a dog worrying a bone. Typical weak-minded, Progressive, SJW.

Get a f'ing grip. Some ex-journalist. You must have been great in your prime. No wonder you moved on to the challenging field of sociology...
__________________
Just a meat eating, mouth-breathing, knuckle-dragging, Harley riding deplorable troglodyte peoplekind, back from a better place...

“Have no respect whatsoever for authority; forget who said it and instead look what he starts with, where he ends up, and ask yourself, is it reasonable?” —Richard Feynman

“Charm and nothing but charm at last grows a little tiresome...It's a relief then to deal with a man who isn't quite so delightful but a little more sincere.” — W. Somerset Maugham
FeXL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2018, 11:22 AM   #10
Honourable Citizen
 
Macfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Toronto Proper
Posts: 41,227
Sure got CM's back up. Great thread, buddy!
__________________
"My life is my own."

Mac Pro 5,1 3.2 GHZ Quad Core; MacBook Pro 1,1; iPhone 4
Macfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Apple With 10.8% Of Canadian PC Market In Q3 According To IDC Canada ehMax Anything Mac 11 Nov 29th, 2010 03:40 PM
NAFTA and Oil Ottawaman Everything Else, eh! 28 Jun 13th, 2008 11:15 AM
Cars in Canada! Adrian. Everything Else, eh! 57 Jun 5th, 2008 07:50 AM
UPS costs too much! thejst Anything Mac 32 Apr 20th, 2005 12:52 PM
AI dishing dirt on iTMS Canada mycatsnameis All iOS - iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV & iTunes 6 Apr 22nd, 2004 05:03 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:34 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 1999 - 2012, ehMac.ca All rights reserved. ehMac is not affiliated with Apple Inc. Mac, iPod, iTunes, iPhone, Apple TV are trademarks of Apple Inc. Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

Tribe.ca: Urban living in Toronto!