Attacks against Muslims (and immigrants) in Canada - Page 8 - ehMac.ca
Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Advertise


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Apr 27th, 2018, 05:37 PM   #71
Resident Curmudgeon
 
SINC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Central Alberta
Posts: 85,270
Send a message via AIM to SINC
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeXL View Post
Huh. Wonder how he got here...
I don't. I know exactly who to blame. The terrorist lover himself.
__________________
Visit my website:
St. Albert's Place On The Web
(Over 3.1 million folks have.)
SINC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old Apr 29th, 2018, 01:33 PM   #72
Honourable Citizen
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: S. Alberta
Posts: 20,905
Hey, CM, I GOT ANOTHER ONE!!!

Toronto man charged after mosque broken into in Mississauga

Quote:
A 58-year-old Toronto man is facing charges following a break-in at a mosque in Mississauga, Ont.

Peel regional police say a man entered the Masjid Rahmatul-Lil-Alameen Mosque — located at 205 North Service Rd. — around 10:30 p.m. on March 14 and made an unsuccessful attempt to pry open a door in order to gain access to a donation box.
Wait for it...

Quote:
They say Ashraf Awad, 58, was arrested on Thursday and charged with break and enter with intent to commit an indictable offence, and three counts of breach of probation.
Emphasis mine.

Damn those racist white Canadians!

__________________
Just a meat eating, mouth-breathing, knuckle-dragging, Harley riding deplorable troglodyte peoplekind, back from a better place...

“Have no respect whatsoever for authority; forget who said it and instead look what he starts with, where he ends up, and ask yourself, is it reasonable?” —Richard Feynman

“Charm and nothing but charm at last grows a little tiresome...It's a relief then to deal with a man who isn't quite so delightful but a little more sincere.” — W. Somerset Maugham
FeXL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29th, 2018, 03:05 PM   #73
Honourable Citizen
 
CubaMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Posts: 17,375
Send a message via AIM to CubaMark
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeXL View Post
Hey, CM, I GOT ANOTHER ONE!!!
Another what? Aneurysm?

You do realize that people - Christians - also have broken into donation boxes in Churches, right? You do understand that all societies, cultures, etc., have people who are outright criminals or who, in the face of desperation, do things against the common good?

You appear, post in all caps as though announcing the Second Coming, and ... nothing. You got nothing. Except a quite obvious obsession with anything that portrays muslims in the worst possible way, ignoring your blatant prejudices and hypocrisies.

Go away, little man.

__________________
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
The Cuban Revolution as Socialist Human Development Brill Books (Amazon Paperback)
CubaMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29th, 2018, 04:13 PM   #74
Honourable Citizen
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: S. Alberta
Posts: 20,905
Why, another ATTAAAAAAACK!!! against Muslims in Canada.

And, since you started this thread, the only kind we can find: by another Muslim!

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!



Quote:
Originally Posted by CubaMark View Post
Another what?
__________________
Just a meat eating, mouth-breathing, knuckle-dragging, Harley riding deplorable troglodyte peoplekind, back from a better place...

“Have no respect whatsoever for authority; forget who said it and instead look what he starts with, where he ends up, and ask yourself, is it reasonable?” —Richard Feynman

“Charm and nothing but charm at last grows a little tiresome...It's a relief then to deal with a man who isn't quite so delightful but a little more sincere.” — W. Somerset Maugham
FeXL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29th, 2018, 08:32 PM   #75
Honourable Citizen
 
CubaMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Posts: 17,375
Send a message via AIM to CubaMark
Although it's seen as broadly disrespectful, in this case I cannot help but ask: Are you off your meds?

__________________
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
The Cuban Revolution as Socialist Human Development Brill Books (Amazon Paperback)
CubaMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2018, 01:04 AM   #76
Honourable Citizen
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: S. Alberta
Posts: 20,905
'Cause you're broadly seen on these boards as so respectful, right?



This question, coming from the guy who fell for Clock Girl, hook, line & sinker.



Time to check out that hallway mirror, CM. The only person in this conversation who requires medical attention will be in the reflection. Unfortunately, meds won't fix terminal cases of Progressivism...



Quote:
Originally Posted by CubaMark View Post
Although it's seen as broadly disrespectful, in this case I cannot help but ask: Are you off your meds?
__________________
Just a meat eating, mouth-breathing, knuckle-dragging, Harley riding deplorable troglodyte peoplekind, back from a better place...

“Have no respect whatsoever for authority; forget who said it and instead look what he starts with, where he ends up, and ask yourself, is it reasonable?” —Richard Feynman

“Charm and nothing but charm at last grows a little tiresome...It's a relief then to deal with a man who isn't quite so delightful but a little more sincere.” — W. Somerset Maugham
FeXL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2018, 10:06 AM   #77
Rps
Honourable Citizen
 
Rps's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Windsor, gateway to the world, but I can't find the damn key!
Posts: 8,261
A common theme through these threads is the fear and loathing of “ism”. I have often stated that “isms” are the greatest danger to our time. They do not respect people, culture, religion, language, or different beliefs. What’s interesting are the tactics the purveyors of “isms” use. They reinforce their arguments with volume not logic, they are myopic, suffer from confirmation bias, and take the slightest item to create a generalization.

They attack and do not debate, they focus on the person and not the idea. And it doesn’t matter what type of “ism” you follow, you all use the same approach...and it is too bad because in their purest form all “isms” start out as a thought to help society. Ask yourself this question....is there really a difference in how someone who believes in “progressism”, “liberalism”, “conservatism”, “socialism”, “ communism” “republicanism” or any other “ism” you can name behaves when dealing with the other? I think not.
__________________
"If your path demands you walk through Hell, walk through as if you own the place”
Rps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2018, 11:57 AM   #78
Honourable Citizen
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: S. Alberta
Posts: 20,905
Awrite, I'll bite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rps View Post
A common theme through these threads is the fear and loathing of “ism”.
I have no fear of any "-ism". Loathing? Oh, yeah. Big time, for some of them.

Big surprise, but let's use "progressivism" as a shining example.

One of my character flaws, if it can be described as such, is complete intolerance for hypocrisy. Double standards. Most progressives are perfectly happy with one set of rules for one group of people & another set of rules for another group of people, in similar or identical circumstances.

I don't even need to cite examples here. These boards are chock full of posts (from both sides of the argument) clearly illustrating said hypocrisy & double standards. My moral code tells me that is completely & entirely unacceptable and is one of the reasons why I find progressivism largely offensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rps View Post
I have often stated that “isms” are the greatest danger to our time. They do not respect people, culture, religion, language, or different beliefs.
That's a pretty big brush you're painting with there & I disagree. It's not "-isms" that disrespect the traits you list, it's the people supporting them.

For instance, it's safe to say that I am at least somewhat a supporter of "conservatism". That said, I respect people who have earned said respect, I respect cultures that largely do not harm or hurt themselves or others, I have no issues with religions that are peaceful & innocuous, I speak & understand a smattering of words in several languages besides English and, as long as your particular belief system isn't largely harmful or hurtful to anyone else, go for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rps View Post
What’s interesting are the tactics the purveyors of “isms” use. They reinforce their arguments with volume not logic, they are myopic, suffer from confirmation bias, and take the slightest item to create a generalization.
Once again, you are painting with a large brush & using crass generalizations yourself.

I do post much about what I consider the worst traits of progressivism: hypocrisy, social "justice" issues, economic system (socialism), political system (communism), gun control, bigger, more controlling gov't, among others.

However, I also use logic, facts, empirical measurements to back my arguments. There are some ideologues on these boards who can safely be called myopic and are content merely saying, "I believe". I'm not one of them. Present a cogent argument to me, using logic, facts, empirical measurements & I will support it. Present a "feel-good" scenario with little to no substance & it's going to get shredded.

Concerning confirmation bias, yes, we all have it to a greater or lesser extent. However, those of us who use more facts & less feelings in our decision making process are less prone.

As far as creating generalizations from single issues, it's not something I'm predisposed to. There are outliers everywhere. However, when you start tallying multiple occurrences of a particular issue across a broader spectrum, perhaps there is more to it than mere happenstance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rps View Post
They attack and do not debate, they focus on the person and not the idea.
There are people on these boards that I will debate in a convivial fashion. They are the ones who have earned my respect by conducting themselves in a suitable manner.

There are people on these boards who deserve all the scorn I can muster because they rarely or have never conducted themselves in a respectable fashion towards me.

I give what I get.

If the delivery of said scorn gets intermingled with the idea, so be it. They've brought it upon themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rps View Post
And it doesn’t matter what type of “ism” you follow, you all use the same approach...and it is too bad because in their purest form all “isms” start out as a thought to help society.
The road to hell is paved with good intentions...
__________________
Just a meat eating, mouth-breathing, knuckle-dragging, Harley riding deplorable troglodyte peoplekind, back from a better place...

“Have no respect whatsoever for authority; forget who said it and instead look what he starts with, where he ends up, and ask yourself, is it reasonable?” —Richard Feynman

“Charm and nothing but charm at last grows a little tiresome...It's a relief then to deal with a man who isn't quite so delightful but a little more sincere.” — W. Somerset Maugham
FeXL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2018, 12:14 PM   #79
Rps
Honourable Citizen
 
Rps's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Windsor, gateway to the world, but I can't find the damn key!
Posts: 8,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeXL View Post
Awrite, I'll bite.



I have no fear of any "-ism". Loathing? Oh, yeah. Big time, for some of them.

Big surprise, but let's use "progressivism" as a shining example.

One of my character flaws, if it can be described as such, is complete intolerance for hypocrisy. Double standards. Most progressives are perfectly happy with one set of rules for one group of people & another set of rules for another group of people, in similar or identical circumstances.

I don't even need to cite examples here. These boards are chock full of posts (from both sides of the argument) clearly illustrating said hypocrisy & double standards. My moral code tells me that is completely & entirely unacceptable and is one of the reasons why I find progressivism largely offensive.



That's a pretty big brush you're painting with there & I disagree. It's not "-isms" that disrespect the traits you list, it's the people supporting them.

For instance, it's safe to say that I am at least somewhat a supporter of "conservatism". That said, I respect people who have earned said respect, I respect cultures that largely do not harm or hurt themselves or others, I have no issues with religions that are peaceful & innocuous, I speak & understand a smattering of words in several languages besides English and, as long as your particular belief system isn't largely harmful or hurtful to anyone else, go for it!



Once again, you are painting with a large brush & using crass generalizations yourself.

I do post much about what I consider the worst traits of progressivism: hypocrisy, social "justice" issues, economic system (socialism), political system (communism), gun control, bigger, more controlling gov't, among others.

However, I also use logic, facts, empirical measurements to back my arguments. There are some ideologues on these boards who can safely be called myopic and are content merely saying, "I believe". I'm not one of them. Present a cogent argument to me, using logic, facts, empirical measurements & I will support it. Present a "feel-good" scenario with little to no substance & it's going to get shredded.

Concerning confirmation bias, yes, we all have it to a greater or lesser extent. However, those of us who use more facts & less feelings in our decision making process are less prone.

As far as creating generalizations from single issues, it's not something I'm predisposed to. There are outliers everywhere. However, when you start tallying multiple occurrences of a particular issue across a broader spectrum, perhaps there is more to it than mere happenstance.



There are people on these boards that I will debate in a convivial fashion. They are the ones who have earned my respect by conducting themselves in a suitable manner.

There are people on these boards who deserve all the scorn I can muster because they rarely or have never conducted themselves in a respectable fashion towards me.

I give what I get.

If the delivery of said scorn gets intermingled with the idea, so be it. They've brought it upon themselves.



The road to hell is paved with good intentions...
Thoughtful reply....thanx
__________________
"If your path demands you walk through Hell, walk through as if you own the place”
Rps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2018, 12:31 PM   #80
Honourable Citizen
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: S. Alberta
Posts: 20,905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rps View Post
Thoughtful reply....thanx
Welcome.
__________________
Just a meat eating, mouth-breathing, knuckle-dragging, Harley riding deplorable troglodyte peoplekind, back from a better place...

“Have no respect whatsoever for authority; forget who said it and instead look what he starts with, where he ends up, and ask yourself, is it reasonable?” —Richard Feynman

“Charm and nothing but charm at last grows a little tiresome...It's a relief then to deal with a man who isn't quite so delightful but a little more sincere.” — W. Somerset Maugham
FeXL is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Apple With 10.8% Of Canadian PC Market In Q3 According To IDC Canada ehMax Anything Mac 11 Nov 29th, 2010 03:40 PM
NAFTA and Oil Ottawaman Everything Else, eh! 28 Jun 13th, 2008 11:15 AM
Cars in Canada! Adrian. Everything Else, eh! 57 Jun 5th, 2008 07:50 AM
UPS costs too much! thejst Anything Mac 32 Apr 20th, 2005 12:52 PM
AI dishing dirt on iTMS Canada mycatsnameis All iOS - iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV & iTunes 6 Apr 22nd, 2004 05:03 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:35 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 1999 - 2012, ehMac.ca All rights reserved. ehMac is not affiliated with Apple Inc. Mac, iPod, iTunes, iPhone, Apple TV are trademarks of Apple Inc. Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

Tribe.ca: Urban living in Toronto!