To post items in the classifieds, you must meet the following criteria:
1. Be a registered member of ehMac in good standing for 30 days or more
2. Have at least 30 legitimate posts in the forums.
3. All items must be manually approved by a moderator.
The ehMac Classifieds are intended for private use and not for commercial purposes. ehMac provides this as a free, as-is service and does not offer any assurances as to the legitimacy of the items being sold. Member use this free service at your own risk.
Classified Ad Template:
Please use the following template when posting an item in the Classifieds:
- Short Description (Example: MacBook Pro 15.2", 2.5 Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB Ram)
- Asking Price (Indicate whether firm or negotiable. Remember, no auction style)
- Picture(s) of item for sale. (Highly recommended!) Make sure to take pictures with ample light / flash, in focus, with a background a different colour than the item.
- Long Description (Product part number. Condition of unit. Why selling. More detailed specifications. Links to reviews. Links to other successful sales)
- Methods of payment accepted.
- Location of item being sold.
- Shipping method
- You must post a price for all for sale items.
- Personal items only. You may not charge taxes for items sold or sell for commercial purposes.
- No auction style sales are allowed, nor links to eBay auctions.
- Thread crapping or "bumping" will not be tolerated. The thread author may "bump" a thread once every 24 hours. This includes replies in the thread. Breaking this rule will result in deletion of ad, and temporary ban from ehMac. Repeat offenders will receive a permanent ban.
- Replies to topics will be heavily moderated. Replies that have nothing to do with the sale or are frivolous will be removed at the moderators discretion.
- No "Price Policing!" If you think an item is priced to high, you are free to make a reasonable offer via private message (PM), or you may ignore the post. Do not offer a lower price if the seller has stated their price is firm.
- You may not sell an item on behalf of someone else, or an item that you do not have in your immediate possesion.
- ehMac may remove items that it deems are not appropriate for the forums at its sole discretion.
- Due to possible misuse, open Software may not be sold on ehMac and may not be included in the sale of any hardware. Gift Cards may not be sold on ehMac as well.
- You may not have more than 3 active threads in ehMac Classifieds at any given time.
- Use common sense. If a deal seems to good, it probably is.
- Communicate the details of your item as much as possible. The more details, the better. Make sure you provide contact information. Post photos of your item. Honestly describe the condition.
- Stay in touch with the buyer / seller. Nothing is more important than keeping good communication.
- Know your buyer. Check the buyer's / seller's profile on ehMac. How long have they been a member of ehMac? Have they provided full contact information, including phone number and verifiable address? Its always a good idea to make contact with the buyer buy phone before completing a transaction.
- Attempt to resolve issued as much as possible off the boards.
- Properly ship items, and put insurance on them.
- Make sure your method of payment offers protection.
- Avoid transactions where the seller only accepts cash or instant wire services.
- Consider a bonded and licensed escrow service for items over $500. Use extra caution for high dollar and popular items
- Keep a record of all purchases and sales, emails, shipping labels etc..