: For Sale Portable drive Verbatim 500 G for sale

Dr T
Feb 12th, 2012, 10:09 PM
Short Description

Verbatim 500 gig Fire wire 800 (and USB) portable drives for sale.
Quantity: 2 , of which one works for sure No cables included!

Asking price: I base my asking price on the cost of my ferry ticket to Vancouver Island - that is $ 22.10. For this, you get at least one working drive, and potentially two, and I get a free trip to Victoria! Yup, $ 22.10 is the asking price. Isn't that win-win?

Pictures: Pictures at these prices?! Not worth the bother. These drives are in excellent condition outside, and have hardly been used, only just as backups, so they should be good for a while to come. Just maybe one does not work. Try the USB connection?

- Long Description : Verbatim Model #SF500. Compact portable HD, 500 gig capacity. Firewire 800 and USB (with two cables required to power it from USB of computer). Quantity: 2, of which one may not be reliable. No cables included! (A FW 800 cable will cost you extra.)

I am certain that one of the two drives works okay, and the other may be faulty, which is why I offer them as a pair. I think that one quits after a while. But maybe these both work and I already recycled the defective one in last year's spring cleaning. If it's not just my impatience and one is indeed faulty, just plunk the faulty one in a recycling bin. At these prices, you can afford that indulgence.

Reason for sale: I just bought 2 1 TB Lacie drives, tested them, and these will fulfill all my travelling data needs. (Oh, I also plan to get the iTwin gadget, and then I do not need to schlepp any electrons around at all.)

- Methods of payment accepted: Cash only.

- Shipping method. I am willing to deliver to Greater Victoria, daytime on a Thursday, somewhere along the Pat Bay Highway as far as downtown Victoria. Maybe further afield, depending on my itinerary that day. I am willing to deliver to beautiful downtown Ganges on a Friday morning.

Strimkind
Feb 13th, 2012, 12:43 AM
Its me again. Thanks for the great powerbook. I am more than willing to take those drives off your hands for the ferry cost.

Dr T
Feb 13th, 2012, 02:19 AM
Its me again. Thanks for the great powerbook. I am more than willing to take those drives off your hands for the ferry cost.

Well, I like the way that you do not haggle over price.

So it is a deal.

Okay, meet up with you.