: Genie in a bottle - what would you wish for?

tilt
Feb 6th, 2012, 01:26 AM
If I had three wishes they would be:

1. To be able to fall asleep when I want to for as long as I want to (with the emphasis being on WHEN I want to). It is 1:30 a.m. and all I am wishing for is to fall asleep! Please, let me fall asleep!

2. To be able to take a comfortable and healthy s h i t every morning;

3. Three more wishes.

What would you wish for?

Cheers

kps
Feb 6th, 2012, 04:09 AM
I know what you mean about the ability to sleep. I jut got up after about 4hrs. of it...think it's still due to the chemo drugs and radiation.

I only have one wish...and that is to beat the cancer I've been fighting and for the world to find a cure and be rid of it once and for all.

gwillikers
Feb 6th, 2012, 05:52 AM
I wish that your wish came true kps! Hang in there!

Dr.G.
Feb 6th, 2012, 06:23 AM
An end to hunger, especially for children all around the world
World peace.
Not sure about #3.

kps
Feb 6th, 2012, 06:49 AM
I wish that your wish came true kps! Hang in there!

Thanks, hanging in there.

groovetube
Feb 6th, 2012, 08:52 AM
world peace
an end to all manner of disease
end to aging and death

no need for millions or yachts at this point.

javaqueen
Feb 6th, 2012, 09:13 AM
an end to all diseases
an end to world hunger
world peace

Keep hanging in there Kim http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k598/queenofjava/Smileys/hugdouble.gif

eMacMan
Feb 6th, 2012, 10:14 AM
I know what you mean about the ability to sleep. I jut got up after about 4hrs. of it...think it's still due to the chemo drugs and radiation.

I only have one wish...and that is to beat the cancer I've been fighting and for the world to find a cure and be rid of it once and for all.

Just one of four people I know who are currently fighting this disease. Two have just recently gotten the one year and still clear check-up. For you and Bill will add my first wish onto yours.

chasMac
Feb 6th, 2012, 10:24 AM
Lots of money and the good health to make it worthwhile. Plus the usual infinite wishes.

John Clay
Feb 6th, 2012, 10:26 AM
An infinite supply of money. With that, you can fix everything else.

Someone else could have the other two wishes.

Joker Eh
Feb 6th, 2012, 10:50 AM
Sorry folks Genies don't allow one of the wishes to be more wishes. Just one of the rules. ;):D:lmao:

SINC
Feb 6th, 2012, 10:50 AM

Count me in as having the same only wish kps.

Bjornbro
Feb 6th, 2012, 11:56 AM
1. To be able to control my own mortal self (even to the sub-atomic level, cell regeneration).
2. To know and understand everything known to mankind (mathematics, sciences, languages).
3. To use that knowledge unselfishly to further the human race.

I think that'll cover any scenario in/of my life.

Sorta like the movie "Limitless (2011)" but bettter.

tilt
Feb 6th, 2012, 11:57 AM
I only have one wish...and that is to beat the cancer I've been fighting

I wish I were a genie so that I could grant you this wish!

Cheers

bryanc
Feb 6th, 2012, 12:00 PM

I'm with you. Keep up the fight!

Unfortunately, I don't think there will ever be "a" cure for cancer. Cancer is a catch-all term for so many different pathologies resulting from so many different causes that I don't think we'll ever find one approach that effectively cures them all. That is not to say I don't think we can cure any of them; we've already cured some, we can effectively treat many others, and we're working hard on finding new approaches to the ones we don't have a lever on.

My own research is directly relevant to this fight, and I'm optimistic that the advances we're making in understanding the abnormal cell biology underlying many of the pathologies collectively called 'cancer' will lead to clinically applicable treatments, and hopefully even cures, in the near future. But I think some forms of cancer will be with us for a long time to come.

bryanc
Feb 6th, 2012, 12:01 PM
Sorry folks Genies don't allow one of the wishes to be more wishes. Just one of the rules. ;):D:lmao:

What if you wished for more Genies?

KC4
Feb 6th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Good point bryan.

I'd wish for a genie in every home.

However, it might be a diaper genie.

Keep up the good fight kps!

Joker Eh
Feb 6th, 2012, 12:31 PM
What if you wished for more Genies?

Well good question. But nope you have to find the other bottles. ;)

All this info from the show Once Upon A Time. :lmao:

monokitty
Feb 6th, 2012, 12:39 PM
Thanks, hanging in there.

I wish you all the best, kps.

kps
Feb 6th, 2012, 01:00 PM
Thanks for the wishes everyone, here's hoping that all your wishes come true...genie or no genie.

Hey tilt...you'll always be a good genie in my books.

Chimpur
Feb 6th, 2012, 01:14 PM
My 3 are....

1. A cure to Crohns Disease. Well make that all autoimmune diseases.

2. The ability to reach into my pocket and always have enough money for what I want.

3. Hmm I think I'll save that one for a rainy day...

fjnmusic
Feb 6th, 2012, 02:07 PM
1. I wish for World Peace, just like Madonna, in big letters on a million+ dollar portable stage.

2. I wish I could count better.

fjnmusic
Feb 6th, 2012, 02:11 PM
I wish I were a genie so that I could grant you this wish!

Cheers

Careful—that's what Jafar wished for too.

bryanc
Feb 6th, 2012, 02:30 PM
I think I'd spend the first wish by wishing for the wisdom to be able to know how best to use the remaining two wishes. Obviously that precludes my specifying how I'd use the second and third wish, but they'd be good.

fjnmusic
Feb 6th, 2012, 02:49 PM
I think I'd spend the first wish by wishing for the wisdom to be able to know how best to use the remaining two wishes. Obviously that precludes my specifying how I'd use the second and third wish, but they'd be good.

In other words, I wish to avoid having to make a decision......?