Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

iMac - good deal

2K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  phuviano 
#1 ·
HI !
Just looking for your thoughts on this iMac...good price?IM planning on buying a new macbook pro but saw this on kijiji and cant resist all things mac :)

Apple iMac 21.5 inches for sale, in excellent condition and adult owned and well maintained. It has been updated to OSX Lion which I can provide to you as well along with sale as well as everything else needed.

The Mac will be 1 year old in March and is still under warranty until then, so it is only 10 months old

Specs:
Screen - 21.5 inch
Processor - 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3
Hard Drive - 500GB
Ram - 4GB
OS - Mac OSX Lion
Addition - Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard & Mouse / Cords / Manuals / Discs / Packaging etc

Asking $1,000 firm

#3 ·
Rip off.

For $100 less, you can get a newer, better iMac with more warranty. And free delivery.

Refurbished iMac 21.5-inch 2.5GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5 - Apple Store (Canada)
Remember that not all Mac users are aware of the Apple Refurbished site. An average user selling a machine that is 10 months old may not know about it either.

The original poster is simply doing their homework, and directing them to the Apple Refurbished site is the right response. Rip off may be a little strong.

#11 ·
Here's a refurb of the same model for $929. Not sure if the OP is from Ontario, but if you are, its $1050 with taxes, and comes with a full one year warranty.

Refurbished iMac 21.5-inch 3.06GHz Intel Core i3 processor - Apple Store (Canada)

I have a 21.5 imac i3 3.06, but with 12gb of ram, and would never even consider selling for $1000. $1000 is way too much. I would say $850 tops for that model.

The best bang for your buck would be the refurb johnclay mentioned.

Btw, i love it when people say adult owned. Imo, that doesn't make it any better or worse.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.