: For Sale 13" MacBook

RobotGuy
Jan 16th, 2012, 10:53 PM
Short Description: 13" MacBook

Asking Price: 350.00 (CAD).

Long Description: I am selling our 13" MacBook, Model No A1181, P/N MB402LL/B, S/N 4584866L5HS, this laptop is in good cosmetic condition. Also included is the MagSafe power adapter, corded and duckbill connectors, Mac OSX install CDs 1 and 2, "Everything Mac" booklet and other info, original packaging (including box) and plastic protective cover. Since this is a personal laptop I will remove the hard drive prior to shipment; however, I will include the battery with this sale. The laptop powers up and is functional at this time, however, the screen and possibly other components should be replaced.

To respond to some of the comments in people's posts, I am stating for the record that this is a parts laptop. I repeat, this is a parts laptop. Do not purchase this laptop if you don't know how to repair MacBooks since I cannot guarantee it will continue to function once I've shipped it. In addition, I will not include the hard drive since it contains personal information.

Methods of payment accepted: I will only accept $5.00, $10.00 or $20.00 denominations if paying by cash. PayPal is also accepted.

Location of item being sold: Trenton, Ontario, Canada, K8V6P2

Warranty. All items in this sale are non-returnable and are sold as-is, without warranty. This is a private sale.

Shipping. No deliveries available in local area. I will offer up to $20.00 CAD off the cost of shipping for deliveries within Canada, USA, UK, Australia, New Zealand, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Mexico, Caribbean and South America. This offer applies to shipping only, buyer to pay customs, brokerage, duties and other fees as applicable. Offer is $20.00 CAD or actual cost of shipping, whichever is less. This offer is good for this sale only. Shipping will be through Canada Post: Regular Parcel Post for Canada, Expedited Parcel for USA, International Parcel - Surface for countries other than Canada/USA.

kelman
Jan 16th, 2012, 11:10 PM
Since this is a personal laptop I will remove the hard drive prior to shipment; however, I will include the battery with this sale. The laptop powers up and is functional at this time, however, the screen and possibly other components should be replaced.

? So no hard drive, the screen and possibly other components should be replaced, but is functional at this time? What other components and why the screen?

RobotGuy
Jan 16th, 2012, 11:16 PM
Hi Kelman,

I'm not including the hard drive since it contains our personal data (pictures, documents, etc). The screen had coffee spilled on it, this is why I'm selling it as-is. I'm also stating that the laptop is functional at this time, because, it is.

RobotGuy
Jan 16th, 2012, 11:17 PM
I also want to apologize for posting this ad in the "Mac Related Accessories" section, it really should have gone in the "Mac Portables" section.

johnnydee
Jan 17th, 2012, 12:01 PM
The cash has to be delivered in a brown paper bag and dropped off behind the post office with the pickup details to be forwarded later!

Joker Eh
Jan 17th, 2012, 02:15 PM
The cash has to be delivered in a brown paper bag and dropped off behind the post office with the pickup details to be forwarded later!

:lmao:

RobotGuy
Jan 17th, 2012, 06:17 PM
Methinks someone doesn't take my ad too seriously,... I suppose there will always be skeptics out there.

Joking aside, my reputation as an honest person is worth more than 350.00.

kelman
Jan 17th, 2012, 06:27 PM
Methinks someone doesn't take my ad too seriously,... I suppose there will always be skeptics out there.

Joking aside, my reputation as an honest person is worth more than 350.00.

Not sure why you are selling without a hard drive and also suggest some components need replacing. Sounds almost like you are selling this with the expectation of it partially or completely failing after the sale. Transfer your info and leave the hard drive in like any one else would. If you think it is going to fail sell it as a parts computer not as an operational one with the fear it might die. If you say you are honest, be honest.

RobotGuy
Jan 17th, 2012, 09:24 PM
Dear Kelman,

See my addition to my original thread above.

Thank-you for considering my ad,

GlassOnion
Jan 18th, 2012, 01:54 AM
Deal pending with RobotGuy

johnnydee
Jan 18th, 2012, 07:13 PM
I guess the brown paper bag idea worked!

kelman
Jan 18th, 2012, 07:16 PM
Just trying to find the right post office now.

RobotGuy
Jan 19th, 2012, 01:07 AM
Good evening all,

I have shipped the MacBook to GlassOnion, thank-you to all who responded to my ad!

Best regards,

GlassOnion
Jan 23rd, 2012, 06:33 PM
Good evening all,

I have shipped the MacBook to GlassOnion, thank-you to all who responded to my ad!

Best regards,

Just want to say thanks to RobotGuy for the easy transaction. Just received the macbook which is in very good shape (great packaging) and everything is just fine. Hope to deal with you again.