: Sync apps over the Cloud instead of on the mac issues

Funk
Nov 26th, 2011, 07:22 PM
Hey Guys
I have been running a macbook for years and I have been happy with it, I upgraded my Ram a while back but its otherwise stock and running like a champ! That said my little hard drive is running out of room so I thought I would move to syncing my apps over the cloud instead of on my mac.
So when I uncheck sync apps the mac tells me that I am going to delete all my apps. Well I tried it just to try and yep lost it all so I then though well I will do an iCloud backup. It worked and all my apps were there. I then went to sync my media back onto the iPad and it gave me the ultimatum if I sync it will delete all my apps.
Is their anyway around this?
ps I am not sure if I really want to upgrade my hard drive just so I don't have to shuffle files around when I am syncing.
Thanks for your help
Rob

Limit77
Nov 27th, 2011, 10:49 AM
If I'm understanding you right,..you have deleted the apps stored on your mac?
If thats the case,..why would you have 'sync apps' checked? If you have it checked and sync,..you will loose your apps (as you did), then uncheck it and leave it unchecked and restore your purchases on your device (over the air dl)
Then you can sync all you want (music, mail, photos etc) and it won't touch your apps.

Hey Guys
I have been running a macbook for years and I have been happy with it, I upgraded my Ram a while back but its otherwise stock and running like a champ! That said my little hard drive is running out of room so I thought I would move to syncing my apps over the cloud instead of on my mac.
So when I uncheck sync apps the mac tells me that I am going to delete all my apps. Well I tried it just to try and yep lost it all so I then though well I will do an iCloud backup. It worked and all my apps were there. I then went to sync my media back onto the iPad and it gave me the ultimatum if I sync it will delete all my apps.
Is their anyway around this?
ps I am not sure if I really want to upgrade my hard drive just so I don't have to shuffle files around when I am syncing.
Thanks for your help
Rob

Funk
Nov 27th, 2011, 11:45 AM
So I have not yet deleted the apps off of my Mac. I do currently have sync apps checked off and when I go to uncheck it will give me a promt saying doing so will delete all my apps of off the iPad. If it was just a matter of reinstalling them that would be ok but it's more than that. If that's the direction I go I will loose all of my in app data.
It seems the only way to do this would be to do it from the very start :(
Any thoughts?

Limit77
Nov 27th, 2011, 06:30 PM
May I ask why you're syncing anything with iTunes then?
Turn off automatic wifi syncing and don't plug your phone into iTunes. Just use the cloud.

Limit77
Nov 27th, 2011, 06:30 PM
Sorry.. Your iPad