: iPhone mail wont delete

wonderings
Aug 1st, 2011, 12:33 AM
I keep deleting 22 mesages from mail on my iPhone 4. It goes fine, they are gone, no number on the mail app. Then, about 5 to 10 mins later, I have 22 messages again, the same I deleted, same time stamp, etc. Running latest iOS update.

Whats going on here? I have not had a problem with mail since it was first released in Canada.

Tech Elementz
Aug 1st, 2011, 12:01 PM
Are there any Mail settings that may trickle this to happen?

vancouverdave
Aug 1st, 2011, 02:19 PM
Maybe your phone doesn't have sufficient permissions to make the change on the server? Or maybe network access was bad? The messages reappear on next sync...

I get an 'unable to move message' error when I am on the edge of a wifi/3G cutover sometimes.

Ravindra Mohabeer
Aug 3rd, 2011, 10:01 PM
It sometimes depends on the ISP / mailserver. Also, I noticed that when I did the software updates on my iPhone (though I only have a lowly 3G iPhone and not a 4 so I'm not as up to date as you probably are), it always seems to re-set my mail preferences. If you are using say a Gmail account, it sets 'delete' to 'archive' and other such things. I've got 5 email addresses on my iPhone (weird and busy compartmentalized life I lead) and not all of the addresses delete mail equally well and consistently - sometimes it's the phone, other times it's the servers.

MacUnited
Aug 6th, 2011, 09:20 PM
I had this issue with my gmail account, now when I want to delete any emails there, I click move to trash.. and I never see them again.

Lawrence
Aug 6th, 2011, 10:07 PM
I prefer to use my Gmail account as my main server.
That way I can toggle my push to my iPhone with my Gmail

Tech Elementz
Aug 6th, 2011, 11:23 PM
I prefer to use my Gmail account as my main server.
That way I can toggle my push to my iPhone with my Gmail

+1 for GMAIL... Awesome Email service... :)

mitched
Aug 7th, 2011, 11:04 PM
I have had this occur a couple of times. I just restart the phone by using the home key and power key at the top. Hold both until the apple symbol appears. I have always been able to delete those pesky emails after the phone restarts.