: Can't enable root user in 10.2.6

simon
Jun 24th, 2003, 01:34 PM
Did a clean install with the 10.2.6 combo update and now I can't enable the root user through NetInfo Manager.

What happens is I authenticate - and then click on the security - enable root user. it gives me a an alert that the root user is currently blank and asks me to make a password - I do and then it give this window "NetInfo Error - Netinfo write failed! (operation succeeded)" - I click OK and a new error window comes up "NetInfo Error - can't authenticate new user and password. I click OK and another window comes up saying "NetInfo Error - Netinfo write failed! (operation succeeded)". I click OK on this and then an Alert comes and says " You must re-authenticate to make additional changes" and it kicks me out.

I need my root user back. Is there anybody who can help me here?

simon
Jun 25th, 2003, 08:11 AM
"bump"

I need my root back - someones gotta know this answer. Come-on all you smarty pant type guys out there ...

PosterBoy
Jun 25th, 2003, 12:24 PM
You can enable it by booting up from a Jaguar CD, have you tried that?

Also, just because everyone should, repair your permissions before you do anything else. You can do this using DiskUtility, or Disk Utility on your Jaguar CD (which will do a more thorough job.

--PB