: ehMac.ca CONTEST! Win 1 of 2 Elgato eyetv HD's!

ehMax
May 23rd, 2011, 05:37 AM
Hey ehMacians! I've had some cool contests here and there over the years on the site, but today we're starting what I hope is one of many cool contests on ehMac.ca!

I'm giving away not 1 but 2 Elgato eyetv HD's valued at $199 each!

I decided to try to make the contest fun and a little bit challenging with two different ways registered members can enter.

All the details are in the YouTube video I made which has to be viewed at YouTube.com.

So without further ado..

The ehMac Elgato eyetv HD Contest! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaNqIiMKNkA&feature=channel_video_title)

Good luck! ;)

Vexel
May 23rd, 2011, 09:52 AM
Love the vid, ehMax! hahaha.. I was in tears for some of it! :D

Good luck, everyone! :)

screature
May 23rd, 2011, 10:38 AM
Cool Mr. Mayor, great promo ad and reviews... well done.

DR Hannon
May 23rd, 2011, 10:48 AM
Cool, great idea.

ehMax
May 23rd, 2011, 01:17 PM
Cool Mr. Mayor, great promo ad and reviews... well done.

Cool, great idea.

Thank you very much. I hope I didn't make it too complicated, I wanted it to be a bit of a challenge, and there's until July 1st to submit.

Next prize I'll make extremely easy and just for existing ehMac.ca members. ;) I'll mix is up, some challenging, some easy. The idea is to have a lot more contest and prizes. I like contests and prizes.

A few hours into the contest and we have about 10 entries already through answering the question and 3 entries through the Facebook page.

I was excited to see that Elgato just featured the reviews (http://www.elgato.com/elgato/na/mainmenu/products/EyeTV-HD/product1.en.html) on their official product page.

kloan
May 23rd, 2011, 01:37 PM
I was with you all the way up to Facebook. I've boycotted everything to do with Facebook, so I guess I can't enter this one.

Good luck everyone!

ehMax
May 23rd, 2011, 01:41 PM
I was with you all the way up to Facebook. I've boycotted everything to do with Facebook, so I guess I can't enter this one.

Good luck everyone!

Hey kloan, you don't have to do the Facebook thing. I totally understand that Facebook is not everyone's cup of tea. That's the second of two ways that you can enter.

You can just do the first method, finding the question in the video and submitting the answer through the link in the YouTube comments section and you'll be entered. ;) (Don't post the answer here!) :o

If people want, they can enter a second time through the Facebook page, but that's totally optional.

speckledmind
May 23rd, 2011, 05:18 PM
Love the vid, ehMax! hahaha.. I was in tears for some of it! :D
Good luck, everyone! :)
Big Ditto :clap:
Love the very cool give away promo video :D

Hope everyone wins one lol :eek: ;)

tilt
May 23rd, 2011, 08:09 PM
Hmm... I watched the review, entered a comment in the YouTube page and got an error saying that my comment could not be submitted; plus I too do not do Facebook. So I guess I do not have a chance of winning the EyeTV eh?

Cheers

snowbutterfly
May 24th, 2011, 09:28 PM
ehMac.ca - as a Canuck and an avid Mac User, I'm SO EXCITED that you're running this contest.

Keep up the best work - and best of luck running the contest!

Take care, eh?

SINC
May 24th, 2011, 10:30 PM
Hmm... I watched the review, entered a comment in the YouTube page and got an error saying that my comment could not be submitted; plus I too do not do Facebook.

Ditto here. Oh well, I have had an Elgato for many years now.

Just as a suggestion though, any contest run on ehMac should be set up to be entered on ehMac, not on YouTube or Facebook.

Why draw members away from ehMac? After all, it's OUR home.

ehMax
May 24th, 2011, 10:44 PM
Ditto here. Oh well, I have had an Elgato for many years now.

Just as a suggestion though, any contest run on ehMac should be set up to be entered on ehMac, not on YouTube or Facebook.

Why draw members away from ehMac? After all, it's OUR home.

Hey SINC, contest is not setup to enter on YouTube. Video just says to check out the comments section below the video for the links.

Here's what it says below:

-------------------------

This contest is going to run until Friday, July 1st, 2011 which is Canada Day of course! No purchase is necessary. Open to Canadian residents. Winners need to answer a skill-testing question.

There's are two ways to enter, but first of all, you need to:

A) Be a member of ehMac.ca and post in the forums at least once between now and July 1st! Membership is free with lots of benefits, and when you sign up, you'll also have a chance to win a cool ehMac.ca Mug! Click below to register at ehMac.ca: Canada's Mac Community! Established in 1999.
https://www.ehmac.ca/register.php

B) You need to own a Mac, because this product is for us Mac users!

So how can you win one of these cool products?

First Way) Watch my full review of the eyetv HD by clicking on the link below:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtygQJHZDgo

Somewhere in part 1 or part 2 of the review, a little annotation question will pop-up! When you see that question and you think you know the answer, visit this link to submit your answer!
https://www.ehmac.ca/sendmessage.php

Second Way) Go to ehMac.ca's Facebook page, and 'Like' us! After that, post on our Facebook wall why you should win one of the Elgato eyetv HD's! You can even post a video on our wall on why you should win! The best post as determined by our panel of judges will win! Here's the link to our Facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/ehMacca-Canadas-Mac-Community/191564147542038

Thanks and good luck!

-------------------------

This contest was designed to be a little "challenging", and also to connect with more people through the social media sites. All the efforts of YouTube, Twitter and Facebook is purely to connect with like-minded Canadians and get them involved with ehMac.ca, our home.

The next contest we'll do a lot simpler and we'll make it just for existing ehMac.ca members.

dewolfe002
May 24th, 2011, 11:28 PM
I've entered via Facebook and here too!
But good luck to all who enter.

ehMax
May 24th, 2011, 11:38 PM
I've entered via Facebook and here too!
But good luck to all who enter.

Great stuff!

Nice having you here dewolfe002! :clap:

Big Ragu
May 25th, 2011, 07:05 AM
As new member to EHMAC, I have found this site to be very informative love macs as do you all thanks for contest,,,, hope I win would love that beginners luck???

tilt
May 25th, 2011, 09:15 AM
When you see that question and you think you know the answer, visit this link to submit your answer!
ehMac.ca - Contact Us (https://www.ehmac.ca/sendmessage.php)

Mr. Mayor, it is this part that was not clear to me - that we had to send a comment on EhMac to win. From my reading earlier, I understood it to mean that I should submit my comments in the YouTube comments section to win.

I do not know if I am the only one (other than Sinc) to labour under this misunderstanding.

Cheers

friend
May 25th, 2011, 09:18 AM
Does my maple leaf tattoo give me extra points,
since I'm the only Irish person with one? ;):rolleyes::D
Had it since -83. :cool:

friend
May 25th, 2011, 09:20 AM
Mr. Mayor, it is this part that was not clear to me - that we had to send a comment on EhMac to win. From my reading earlier, I understood it to mean that I should submit my comments in the YouTube comments section to win.

I do not know if I am the only one (other than Sinc) to labour under this misunderstanding.

Cheers
It's just you Mohan, sorry. :D :lmao:

Now, when can I pick up my Elgato? :clap: :heybaby:

dotcom
May 25th, 2011, 09:36 AM
Sign me in.

greydoggie
May 25th, 2011, 09:35 PM
no facebook for me either. At least that doesn't knock me out of this contest :)

kloan
May 25th, 2011, 11:06 PM
Hey kloan, you don't have to do the Facebook thing. I totally understand that Facebook is not everyone's cup of tea. That's the second of two ways that you can enter.

You can just do the first method, finding the question in the video and submitting the answer through the link in the YouTube comments section and you'll be entered. ;) (Don't post the answer here!) :o

If people want, they can enter a second time through the Facebook page, but that's totally optional.

Oh, alrighty then :)

K, entered..

I'm kinda surprised it doesn't have an HDMI input, being 'HD' n all... still though, looks like a pretty slick device. I really dig the iPhone feature.

What video codec are the recordings saved in? Any DRM?

Jenergy
May 26th, 2011, 10:16 AM
Loved watching the videos for the contest, they were so well film, edited and you explained everything so well *Thumbs Up!* :D

ehMax
Jun 1st, 2011, 05:53 PM
Over 50 members have entered the contest and lots of Likes on our Facebook page. (Almost 200 people on Facebook!)

It's June 1st, about 30 more days left in the contest!

Jenergy
Jun 1st, 2011, 06:48 PM
:D:cool::clap: AWESOME That is soo cool!

ehMax
Jun 1st, 2011, 07:01 PM
:D:cool::clap: AWESOME That is soo cool!

Ummm..... glad you're excited! :) :o

You must have lots of Jenergy!

Jenergy
Jun 1st, 2011, 07:41 PM
Oh heck yeah! I was nicknamed Jenergy on my first day in high school by my drama teacher. Heck I'm even hyper when I'm exhausted... wow just realized how much Jenergy i really have lol :lmao:

Rounder
Jun 2nd, 2011, 09:09 AM
Great video's and good idea on the contest! I've entered :)

luigino
Jun 3rd, 2011, 12:32 PM
Quite an original styled video .... with a distinctly Canadian flavour, eh?:lmao:

darkscot
Jun 3rd, 2011, 08:48 PM
Loved the videos as well. You got a knack for it Mr Mayor

ehMax
Jun 4th, 2011, 11:50 AM
Loved the videos as well. You got a knack for it Mr Mayor

Thanks VERY MUCH for the nice comment darscot, that made my day. :)

Having a TON of FUN with the wearable GoPro HD Hero camera and making a video with that. Was going to do lots more filming today, but having huge thunderstorms here. Will probably finish filming early next week.

Really glad you liked the video, hope to make lots more and continue to get the hang of it and get more comfortable at it.

ehMax
Jun 8th, 2011, 06:01 PM
Just over 3 weeks in the contest left. :)

ehMax
Jun 21st, 2011, 02:04 PM
Just 10 days left in the contest! :heybaby: :)

friend
Jun 21st, 2011, 02:06 PM
But I want my prize now. ;):rolleyes::D

ehMax
Jun 27th, 2011, 10:46 AM
Last week for this contest! :)

Click here for details. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaNqIiMKNkA&feature=channel_video_title)

Elric
Jun 27th, 2011, 11:08 AM
I don't have Cable/Sat/etc. I just want the Mug... :(