: Movin to BC, need hookups on a dealer...

mejag
Jun 13th, 2003, 10:10 PM
...A Mac dealer! What else? ;)

In about a week Iíll be moving to Delta BC, and I need to find a store that sells Mac products or general computer junk. I wont really be doing much shopping, but its always nice to stop in a Mac store and let ones jaw drop :D

One thing I would be looking for (as soon as I get there) would be an Asante FR1004AL wireless router. Since I canít afford an AirPort (new or used), I will be settling for another Mac compatible product.

So my main question is; does anyone know of a store (or work at one) that may sell such an item. If so, do they have a web site? I would have bought the router before I left, but none of the stores around here care it... and it would take to long to come in.

Over the summer I may be buying other things like a hard drive, burner, battery, AirPort cardÖ so it would be nice to find a Mac store to call home! If anyone could help, I would really appreciate it!

Kami
Jun 14th, 2003, 02:06 AM
Welcome to BC and Delta!

Depending on which part of Delta (North Delta/Ladner/Twassassen) you are moving to there are a number of choices. Helps if you have a car as public transit can be a bit of a pain.

Simply Computing is in Surrey (not far from Delta) and I have had very good service from them (look at simply.ca). Don't know if they have the Asante. There are a ton of used stores around that often have Mac usable bits and pieces. Macsellers is in Vancouver?burnaby and have been very good to deal with as well. London Drugs sometimes has good Mac stuff on sale/display.

PM me if you need more details on stores

Kami

Urban_Legend
Jun 14th, 2003, 11:59 PM
Hi MeJag,

If you're in the downtown area of Vancouver you could stop in at Mac Station. Mac Station is actually in Yaletown on Homer Street.

Here is their website: www.macstation.com (http://www.macstation.com)

Check out at the top where it says stores for direction smile.gif .

You can call them up and ask them any questions, anyways good luck with finding your Mac Store :D

mejag
Jun 24th, 2003, 11:50 PM
So I made it to BC! I'm living in Twassassen, just about three blocks from the down town core. I havent found a store yet, but I really havent had time with work. But this weekend I'll go out shopping.

Kami
Jun 25th, 2003, 12:02 PM
Glad you made it. How do you like Twass.? You are quite a ways from a mac dealer, though. I think that the closest place is going to be a London Drugs, either White Rock or Ladner locations. They can special order stuff in for you as they have only a limited number of mac stufff on display. Discount Mac is in Richmond on Number 6 Road and approximately Cambie. They don't have much on display but are very helpful.

Kami

neema
Jun 25th, 2003, 12:23 PM
i'd say definetely MacStation... or you could just head down to Apple Store Bellevue in Washington State ;)

Neema

Miko Fulla
Jan 1st, 2004, 03:52 PM
I had one Vancouver Mac experience, with MacStation, and it was awesome. I highly recommend them. Helpful bunch.

Gerbill
Jan 1st, 2004, 06:01 PM
FYI:

Simply Computing is no longer in Surrey - they moved to Langley this weekend. Their new info is:

Simply Computing
#302 - 6339 200 St
Langley BC V2Y 1A2
604-514-3050
1-800-482-4210

Newton, the district of Surrey where they used to be located, is a bit of an armpit - Langley has better access, more parking, etc. as well as being a "nicer" area to visit.

Cheers :-> Bill