: iOS 4.3.3 is out.

Joker Eh
May 4th, 2011, 02:37 PM
iOS 4.3.3 is out.

jeepguy
May 4th, 2011, 02:44 PM
it must be for the location tracking. That was quick.

Elric
May 4th, 2011, 02:45 PM
Does it do anything other than fix the overhyped location thing?

jeepguy
May 4th, 2011, 02:47 PM
here's the changes

This update contains changes to the iOS crowd-sourced location database cache including:

- Reduces the size of the cache
- No longer backs the cache up to iTunes
- Deletes the cache entirely when Location Services is turned off

Elric
May 4th, 2011, 02:53 PM
here's the changes

That's it? I might Jailbreak instead until iOS 5 comes out...

speckledmind
May 4th, 2011, 03:18 PM
Hummm

Post made on May 2ND, 2011 (http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/iphone-firmware/ios-4-3-3-coming-soon-to-an-iphone-near-you/)
The upcoming iOS update (build 8J2) will reportedly address the following:

- The update will no longer back up the location database to iTunes.
- The size of the location database will be reduced.
- The location database will be deleted entirely when Location Services are turned off.
- Battery life improvements.
- iPod bug fixes.

I really don't care if anyone is wasting time tracking me lol the only thing I was hoping for, was Battery life improvements, since the 4.3.3 Update came out so quick, I guess they dropped that one all together.

Let's see, checking for Updates, wow, it's showing me a 666.2 MB file ; /

I will take the dive :rolleyes:

Elric
May 4th, 2011, 03:42 PM
All of my iOS updates have been 666MB since I got my iPhone 4.... creeped me out a lil the first time lol

virulent
May 9th, 2011, 12:49 AM
Aw, I don't want to update now

The whole all your visited locations being stored in your backups to me was actually neat. My backups are encrypted anyway.

Is there any apps that can do this already? I know it seems silly, but I sure do get around apparently!

Elric
May 9th, 2011, 11:03 AM
Aw, I don't want to update now

The whole all your visited locations being stored in your backups to me was actually neat. My backups are encrypted anyway.

Is there any apps that can do this already? I know it seems silly, but I sure do get around apparently!

Google Latitude is pretty awesome, not sure if they keep a history online though...