: Ordered my iPAD!!!!

macmac
Apr 21st, 2011, 01:02 AM
After much debating ...back and forth....I decided to take the plunge and ordered my first ever iPad. I tried relentlessly to order it at the store through their 'order after 9pm' deal..but for the life of me I could never find a store in the GTA that had the 32 GB 3G in stock. So I ordered it off the apple site once I saw that delivery times are down to two weeks.

Im sure by this time next year a 4G model will be available....but hey, why wait to enjoy life!!!!

csonni
Apr 21st, 2011, 06:16 AM
You'll love the iPad when you get it. Just the right size. If I were you, I'd think about what you want to cover it with (full body skin, etc.) and what kind of sleeve or folio you might want.

mgmitchell
Apr 23rd, 2011, 03:11 PM
My "first" is slated to arrive this week; just got the shipping e-mail. The blue cover thingy arrived two weeks ago. Looking forward the new experience as well, 'macmac'. Lots to learn. But I don't see it replacing my MBook completely. Right?

jtmac
Apr 23rd, 2011, 05:04 PM
We picked up our iPad2 from Future Shop the launch day.
Love it so far. No issues at all.
The cover is cool.
mgmitchell, I would have had lots of trouble waiting for the iPad when I had a cover ... enjoy

mgmitchell
Apr 24th, 2011, 12:24 AM
Ha! Yes. I'm a patient man. Maybe too patient? It'll be here soon enough. I'll be checking the forums for tips and apps.

Garling
Apr 25th, 2011, 04:48 AM
We picked up ouripad 2 cases (http://www.ebelow.com/ipad-2-case-iPad2case-iPad-2-cases.html) iPad2 from Future Shop the launch day.
Love it so far.ipad 2 cases leather (http://www.ebelow.com/ipad-2-cases-leather.html) No issues at all.
The cover is cool.
mgmitchell, I would have had lots of trouble waiting for the iPadiPad2 cases (http://www.ebelow.com/iPad2-cases-cheap-iPad2-cases-iPad2-case.html) when I had a cover ... enjoy

The blue cover thingy arrived two weeks ago. Looking forward the new experience as well, 'macmac'. Lots to learn. But I don't see it replacing my MBook completely. Right?

macmac
Apr 26th, 2011, 08:12 PM
My cover and sim card arrived today. Now im just waiting for the actual iPad. The order status says that it will ship out May 4th and arrive May 11. I don't understand why it will take that long. Anyhow, im fairly patient as well.

Im not sure if it will entirely replace my macbook....but I think it will give it a run for its money. I really like the zaggmate case/keyboard.

Dennis Nedry
Apr 26th, 2011, 09:10 PM
[deleted]

macmac
Apr 26th, 2011, 09:39 PM
As much as I'd love to have it sooner rather than later. I don't have the patience to do all that running around. I'll just wait the 2 weeks

Check the stores around you (Futureshop and Bestbuy) every day, at least twice- once before lunch (around 11AM), and once after lunch (around 3PM).

These are usually the times at which their shipments come in.

I had an iPad 2 Black 64GB 3G on order for close to 2 weeks. Then one day (around 3:25PM) the BestBuy website updated and said they had them in-stock. I frantically phoned them praying they hadn't already flown out the door, and the guy said to get down there as quickly as possible because they wouldn't hold one for me.

So I got in the car, drove down there, and got one. They'd only received 6 units in just an hour before and 3 (mine was the 4th) had already walked out of the store. In fact, I'm pretty sure the guy walking out of the store as I was walking in was carrying a 64GB Black 3G.

Anyways- if you want one SOONER rather then LATER- check your local stores, everyday, at least twice a day. You'll probably stumble on a small cache and assuming you can get there fast enough, you'll get your iPad 2 before Apple ships.

-DN

mgmitchell
Apr 29th, 2011, 09:14 PM
It's here! Arrived today. Just synced ITunes and all. I'll check the forums, but I'm pretty sure I have to upgrade my Pages and Keynote to be able to use and flip files back and forth from the MB to the 'Pad.

Digikid
Apr 30th, 2011, 01:05 AM
Have Fun with it!!!!

mgmitchell
May 2nd, 2011, 10:33 PM
Tapping on it now. Very cool. In terms of word processing, I guess it's not meant to be one. I downloaded Pages. But I guess I shouldn't plan on using this for files and folders a lot. The gal at the store in the Eaton Centre said I could work on my '08 files from my MBook by e-mailing them, which I did. Alas, she was wrong. I can look at them, but can't work on them.

macmac
May 7th, 2011, 10:40 AM
Well...my iPad is on its way.

It was produced in China on the 4th and sent to a processing centre
Off to a place called Chengdu on the 5th
Left Chek Lap Kok, Hong Kong on the 6th
Arrived in Achorage, AK on the 6 and left the same day
Arrived at Louisville, KY, on the 7th.....

and now I wait.....arrival date is Monday 9th.

mgmitchell
May 7th, 2011, 12:30 PM
Okay, here's the question. I've had it less than a week. Now I'm aware that I'm an idiot for not getting the Wifi. Damn it. What are the chances I can go to the Apple Store at the Eaton Centre next weekend when I'm in Toronto and exchange it for the more expensive 3G one?

macmac
May 7th, 2011, 12:45 PM
Okay, here's the question. I've had it less than a week. Now I'm aware that I'm an idiot for not getting the Wifi. Damn it. What are the chances I can go to the Apple Store at the Eaton Centre next weekend when I'm in Toronto and exchange it for the more expensive 3G one?

Hi Mitchell,

Im a bit curious here. Why are you upset for not getting the 3G version? I think I was stupid for ordering the more expensive 3G one.. I ordered it because im a guy that likes numbers...etc...I just like to have the top of the line of everything.....its completely stupid..but its just 'me'....

have you found you needed the data plan? Do you not have a smartphone you can tether to the ipad?

mgmitchell
May 7th, 2011, 12:58 PM
You know, you have a great point. I forgot about the data plan. One more thing to add to the budget. I'm already spilling money down the drain for a USB data stick from Telus I use on the rarest of occasions now. Most places I'm in have or will have Wifi anyway.
You jolted me back to reality. A good lesson.

mgmitchell
May 7th, 2011, 12:59 PM
The only pain is not having iWork '09 on my MBook. If anything, I should probably upgrade that on my MBook so I can transfer Pages and Keynote stuff back and forth, huh?

macmac
May 8th, 2011, 02:41 AM
The only pain is not having iWork '09 on my MBook. If anything, I should probably upgrade that on my MBook so I can transfer Pages and Keynote stuff back and forth, huh?

Agreed, Pages/Keynote will be the first purchase I make so I can transfer files over. As an educator I rely on keynote and pages and this will make file transferring a lot easier

Dr T
May 8th, 2011, 04:03 AM
Well...my iPad is on its way.
Off to a place called Chengdu on the 5th
Left Chek Lap Kok, Hong Kong on the 6th
Arrived in Anchorage, AK on the 6 and left the same day
Arrived at Louisville, KY, on the 7th..... .

I like to view these tracking records, to see all the places the gadget has been. In the case of your iPad, I was startled to realize that I have been to all of those places mentioned. Just not in the same trip - spread over 35 years ...

macmac
May 9th, 2011, 07:56 AM
I like to view these tracking records, to see all the places the gadget has been. In the case of your iPad, I was startled to realize that I have been to all of those places mentioned. Just not in the same trip - spread over 35 years ...

Yeah im a big fan of tracking services too. I just wish I could be here when it arrives..sadly i'll be at work.

It has now left Louisville, KY
arrived at Mount Hope, On, Canada
for some reason it went back to the U.S to Buffalo
and left Buffalo yesterday at 23:46 (11:46pm)

So it should be near to Mississauga by now. Im going to delay my departure to work, hopefully it might get here bright and early (before 8am) ?

macmac
May 10th, 2011, 07:48 PM
I'm typing this from my new iPad2. This thing is incredible. I love it so far. I'm just in the process of downloading the iWork suit.

csonni
Jun 10th, 2011, 09:56 AM
I am thrilled with what the iPad can do as well. I don't sit at my desk nearly as much as I use to. I'm real glad I sprung for the 3G, too, as I do quite a bit with my iPad sitting here at Tims, like right now.

Benito
Jun 10th, 2011, 11:48 AM
My iPad 2 was delivered this week and I'm extremely impressed with it. I can type type quite well on it, better than on my iPhone. It is fast, faster then my iPhone 4 for browsing and running apps. I'm excited about iOS 5 and the wireless mirroring. :D

adam.sn
Jun 17th, 2011, 03:05 PM
I just got mine a few hours ago. Did you know that on the most recent upgrade on the iPhone 3GS on telus allows you to link through Bluetooth and use your connection to your iPad without jail breaking it.

I was in the mall today and took 30 seconds to set up then I was off ti the races.

Very cool toy.

-Adam

CubaMark
Jun 17th, 2011, 03:40 PM
Heh - my senior uncle ordered an iPad, which arrived a couple of weeks ago, but sat unused... because his 2004 eMac didn't have the juice to sync with it (iOS 5 and device independence can't come soon enough). So he rang me up, we chatted, and within half an hour we had ordered him a nice refurb iMac 21.5" to go with it. :D

One annoyance - not at all common, I imagine - it's darn near impossible to set one of these things up remotely. We still haven't managed to get his email working. His cataracts are rather pronounced, and it's quite a chore waiting for him (a) to find a button and (b) describe what he's seeing. For whatever reason, the iTunes "sync email account" feature isn't doing the trick. He did, though, finally manage to connect to the wireless network I set up via the iMac (internet sharing) but only after I turned off the WiFi password requirement (we'll have to give that another go).

groovetube
Jun 18th, 2011, 08:48 AM
I'm probably hitting an apple store sometime next week to get one.