: Syncing and sharing contacts b/w iPad2 and 1st-gen iPod Touch

Art_Vandelay
Apr 12th, 2011, 01:29 PM
What's the best way to go about sharing (and syncing) contacts between a 1st-gen iPod Touch and an iPad2?

I have a tonne of contacts that I manually added on my 1st-gen iPod Touch and I'd now like them to be available on my iPad2 - obviously without having to enter them in manually all over again.

I don't have a MobileMe account nor a Windows Outlook/Exchange account, so I am looking for an alternate way to accomplish this.

I am OK with purchasing a reasonably priced app if it comes to that.

Rounder
Apr 12th, 2011, 01:32 PM
Can't you Sync your iPad from your iPod Touch backup? You'll lose what's on your iPad right now, but you could start fresh just keeping all the contacts, reinstall your iPad apps.

Might be a little time consuming but it's free.

Art_Vandelay
Apr 12th, 2011, 01:36 PM
Can't you Sync your iPad from your iPod Touch backup? You'll lose what's on your iPad right now, but you could start fresh just keeping all the contacts, reinstall your iPad apps.

Might be a little time consuming but it's free.

Hmmm... hadn't thought about that. I think it's a bit late for that now since I've already made a few app purchases for the iPad! :D

Elric
Apr 12th, 2011, 01:40 PM
Can't you check the box to "sync contacts" to your Mac (on Both)?

I use GMail and Mobile Me, both sync wirelessly to all iOS devices (and Macs)

Paul82
Apr 12th, 2011, 04:21 PM
I use gmail and mobile me for contact syncing wirelessly too, by far the easiest and most cost effective method... I think pretty much all of the major free providers support this now too...

PosterBoy
Apr 12th, 2011, 09:19 PM
I like MobileMe, but from what i can tell I am one of the only ones. Google accounts can accomplish this as well, or you can have iTunes do it every time you plug in.

Rounder
Apr 12th, 2011, 09:33 PM
Hmmm... hadn't thought about that. I think it's a bit late for that now since I've already made a few app purchases for the iPad! :D

Just transfer your iPad apps purchases to iTunes beforehand and once it's been set up with your iPod backup, sunc the iPad apps back to it.