: Some main reasons why I like my iPhone that I use all the time

ehMax
Apr 11th, 2011, 04:35 PM
The other day I was without my iPhone for a bit, when I came to realize, there are a few things that my iPhone are indispensable for... some that are a little odd, but most are mundane.

For one thing, it's funny how often I use my phone as a flashlight / nightlight. Like every day. I'm almost always the last one to bed, so as I'm turning off lights, I'll go up the stairs with the iPod screen facing the ground to see my way to the bathroom. Then when I crawl into bed, as to not wake up Mrs. ehMax, I'll use it to see where my PJ's are and to not stub my toes on the bed posts. :o

As a PVR is to watching TV and skipping commercials, an iPhone is to lineups and waiting for things. With the iPhone, I'm never really bored in a lineup. Waiting at doctor's office, waiting in line at the grocery store, waiting for movie to start, waiting in line at coffee shop and well.... other times where I'm just.. uh... sitting around. If anything, my iPhone let's me fast-forward the boring parts of life. :)

Other big thing I use my iPhone for? It's my watch. I hate wearing watches on my wrist, so I pull the iPhone out quite frequently to look at the time. Again, not very exciting, quite mundane, but it's amazing how often I use my iPhone for this purpose and I feel lost without it.

Flashlight, a distraction for lineups / waiting and a watch. Not the most exciting things, but the 3 things I like my iPhone the most for. :o

Adrian.
Apr 11th, 2011, 05:08 PM
"As a PVR is to watching TV and skipping commercials, an iPhone is to lineups and waiting for things. With the iPhone, I'm never really bored in a lineup. Waiting at doctor's office, waiting in line at the grocery store, waiting for movie to start, waiting in line at coffee shop and well.... other times where I'm just.. uh... sitting around. If anything, my iPhone let's me fast-forward the boring parts of life. "

I do this and I hate it. I always am checking twitter, facebook, wired.com etc. when I am waiting places. To me, my mind never stops though. It is an insatiable appetite for immediate and perpetual information. I find myself knowing more in quantity, but think far less about it because I never stop to think. I have been trying to check my iPhone less and entertain myself by thinking about things.