: Notes app and poof- note gone

csonni
Apr 1st, 2011, 10:33 PM
Not sure what happened, but I was taking extensive notes at a meeting tonight in my iPod Touch's Notes App when suddenly, all my note vanished. I checked all of my Notes accounts and there are no notes. I think I had a few in there. None now. Not very impressed with that. I had typed some text that was a hyperlink. I clicked on it and that's when all the Note disappeared. Go figure.

csonni
Apr 1st, 2011, 10:50 PM
I must not understand how this app works. I just found all the notes I took tonight in my Mail program on my Mac. Can someone explain exactly how this works?

digitddog
Apr 2nd, 2011, 12:42 AM
My iPod touch died awhile back but I recall that there was a "mail" button in the Notes app that converted a note into the body of an email, ready for sending. But I recall that it still took a few clicks to address the message after that...

mguertin
Apr 2nd, 2011, 12:48 AM
Notes sync with Mail when you sync with iTunes. That's probably the previously backed up/synced versions of the notes you're seeing. At least you have backups copies of those ones!

Macified
Apr 2nd, 2011, 12:55 AM
Notes sync with Mail when you sync with iTunes. That's probably the previously backed up/synced versions of the notes you're seeing. At least you have backups copies of those ones!

Makes absolutely no sense that notes synch with mail. Kind of an Apple brain fart.

There really should be a bare-bones note manager (stickies ain't it) which synchs from iOS devices.

Glad you got your notes back.

IronMac
Apr 2nd, 2011, 07:15 AM
That's pretty scary stuff. If your needs are not extensive, give Simplenote a try.

jhuynh
Apr 2nd, 2011, 12:13 PM
Well considering Microsoft Exchange stores notes in your email account and Blackberry's also sync notes with your exchange server email it makes sense for Apple to do the same thing that enterprises are used to seeing.

Anyway, if you use MobileMe it should be syncing your notes to your email too just an FYI.

Paul82
Apr 2nd, 2011, 07:03 PM
You can sync with gmail notes too via imap it's pretty standard for notes to sync via email accounts