: Help with Airport access to internet

rollee
May 23rd, 2003, 02:01 PM
I am connecting 2 airport card equiped Macs (G4 & Imac G3), using one as a software base station to access the internet. They can 'see' each other on air without problems (I think hardware is OK). Airport connection is on, up and running.
Using the G3 imac as base station, internet explorer on G4 fails to load (TCP/IP in Airport and DHCP server mode). Given these settings the same the other way around, (I am now using the G4 as base station) everything works 100%. Both macs on the internet. wala!
I would like to know where the settings might be wrong on the G4 (TCP/IP) that it cannot access the interent through the Imac base station while the reverse was fine. Does the encryption using WEP has anything to do with this?
I did notice that the TCP/IP panels looks different on these Macs (G3 OS9.1-G4 OS9.2.2). Can someone please walk me through this? Any suggestions will be very much appreciated. rollee

CubaMark
May 23rd, 2003, 07:44 PM
I was all ready to jump in and help ya.... 'til I saw that you're using OS 9. Good luck....! ;)

(If you move up to X, I'll be happy to help).

M.

rollee
May 23rd, 2003, 11:30 PM
Hi, You are right. my imac is os9.1, i manage to get very sporadic and unreliable connection via airport afterall but it is sooo slow. i tested the same arrangement out with a ti-867 pb under 9.2.2, much much better. Maybe it is my os9.1? Does anyone know if os 9.2.2 has MAJOR improvements on airport?