: Youtube Videos Stopped Working

sateach
Feb 17th, 2011, 06:29 PM
Youtube has suddenly stopped working. In Safari (5.0.3) I can't get any of the Youtube videos to play. No problem if I'm using Firefox. I've uninstalled Click to Flash thinking that it may be causing my problem. Then I downloaded the latest Adobe Flash Player. And... I've reset Safari.

Still no youtube video. I've recently done the Apple Software update for iWeb and RAW, but I don't think that there's a connection.

No problems with videos from other sites (eg. yahoonews).

Any suggestions?

sateach
Feb 17th, 2011, 06:52 PM
An addendum to my previous post. I was on the Apple Discussions site and it seems there are many others with the same problem. Anybody else out there experiencing this?

sateach
Feb 17th, 2011, 09:23 PM
Finally! I was on the Apple Discussions thread on the same problem and a solution from Chile.

Go to Applications > Safari > Get Info > enable open in 32 bit mode

It works.

fjnmusic
Feb 17th, 2011, 09:40 PM
Good to know. I was wondering what was going on.

SINC
Feb 17th, 2011, 10:09 PM
Sadly, it does NOT work on my Mini. Sigh.

steviewhy
Feb 17th, 2011, 10:28 PM
sudo rm -rf /

pm-r
Feb 18th, 2011, 02:29 AM
Youtube has suddenly stopped working. In Safari (5.0.3) I can't get any of the Youtube videos to play. No problem if I'm using Firefox. I've uninstalled Click to Flash thinking that it may be causing my problem. Then I downloaded the latest Adobe Flash Player. And... I've reset Safari.

Still no youtube video. I've recently done the Apple Software update for iWeb and RAW, but I don't think that there's a connection.

No problems with videos from other sites (eg. yahoonews).

Any suggestions?

I didn't notice what actual Mac model or Mac OS X or Adobe Flash version you are using which can make a real difference lately for what works or doesn't.

A Mac friend and I just went through a similar hassle to get some flash stuff working properly on his wife's PPC Mac - and the Adobe site was next to useless for any proper support, but I finally found a supported Flash update solution which was a typical Adobe PITA burried proceedure to download and install to get things working for particular sites. In her case, some youtube videos and her Pogo bridge gaming.

sateach
Feb 18th, 2011, 09:54 AM
Stevewhy,

The problem surfaced after I did the software update for iWeb and RAW yesterday morning.

btw, Macbook 2.4 GHz OSX 10.6.6 Adobe Flash 10.2

The Apple Discussions thread had posts from people all over who had the similar problem after the recent update.

steviewhy
Feb 18th, 2011, 11:00 AM
sudo rm -rf /