: Best Mac service in Victoria, BC?

a4racer
Feb 9th, 2011, 01:21 AM
Hey there, just wondering if any of you have good experiences with a particular computer store for Mac service--maybe the UVic computer store perhaps?

Thanks for your input!

pm-r
Feb 9th, 2011, 03:29 AM
Maybe the UVic computer store if the good tech is still there and you're a student, otherwise Anton or Clayton at the newly renamed Byte Computers on William St. or Simply Computers on Quadra St just south of Hillside Ave, almost next to the old Fox theater.

Patrick Mead-Robins
Mac Solutions
250-652-1860
-----------------------------

Dr T
Feb 14th, 2011, 03:00 PM
Hey there, just wondering if any of you have good experiences with a particular computer store for Mac service--maybe the UVic computer store perhaps?

Thanks for your input!

I have had good experiences with ReStart Computers on Yates near Quadra. In the past 7 years or more, I have bought at least 5 computers there, as well as other items, and had service performed both under warranty and out of warranty.

They don't always have the cheapest products, e.g. external drives, so for those who place importance on cheapness, it would be good to look around. But you ask about quality of service, and I am happy enough with ReStart to recommend them.

pm-r
Feb 14th, 2011, 03:19 PM
Choke, gasp, wheeze!!!

Not to bad mouth a local company, but from MANY a client's and Mac using acquaintances I have heard from, as well as my own experiences some times long ago, you are the ONLY one that has had ANY satisfactory experience.

Just saying...

Dr T
Feb 14th, 2011, 04:24 PM
Choke, gasp, wheeze!!!

Not to bad mouth a local company, but from MANY a client's and Mac using acquaintances I have heard from, as well as my own experiences some times long ago, you are the ONLY one that has had ANY satisfactory experience.

Just saying...

Well, P, I had a bad experience at some point in the early 90s with one of the Douglas Street outfits, and gave ReStart a try, and haven't had any bad experiences. If I do, then I'll try somewhere else. (it's a long, long time after one Macintosh problem til the next comes along, however.) There's lots of Apple dealers in Victoria to choose from. Hopefully the original poster will find somewhere to their liking.