: Upload photos without sync?

neoleo
Feb 1st, 2011, 03:03 PM
Hi guys!
I've heard several times that I can upload photos to iPod Touch without syncing it with iTunes.
But I can't figure out or google it... how exactly can i do it??

I'm starting getting use to the fact that I need iTunes to sync music and video, but it's not so useful to upload photo folders with iTunes only like a whole folder, without any files selection.
Is there a way?

Elric
Feb 1st, 2011, 03:21 PM
Dropbox is the best way.

neoleo
Feb 1st, 2011, 03:23 PM
Dropbox is the best way.

No, I'm talking about uploading photos to iPod.

wonderings
Feb 1st, 2011, 03:25 PM
You can email it to yourself, or use drop box to go either way, to your computer from your iTouch or to your iTouch from your computer. You can with MobileMe as well, just like with drop box.

neoleo
Feb 1st, 2011, 03:43 PM
You can email it to yourself, or use drop box to go either way, to your computer from your iTouch or to your iTouch from your computer. You can with MobileMe as well, just like with drop box.

It's a little bit complicated, don't you think?
I've heard that there is a way to it just with the comp...

wonderings
Feb 1st, 2011, 04:19 PM
It's a little bit complicated, don't you think?
I've heard that there is a way to it just with the comp...

Drop box is a folder on your computer, just drag and drop. iTunes is really simple. Have the photos auto sync from a folder in iPhoto,

There is no way of just dragging photos onto the iTouch like a mounted drive. Maybe if you jailbreak you get that functionality.

neoleo
Feb 1st, 2011, 04:28 PM
Drop box is a folder on your computer, just drag and drop. iTunes is really simple. Have the photos auto sync from a folder in iPhoto,

There is no way of just dragging photos onto the iTouch like a mounted drive. Maybe if you jailbreak you get that functionality.

Yeah, but dropbox uploading works as Internet uploading and it's different traffic from just uploading from comp with USB cable.

iTunes is easy, but I don't have an option to upload only selected photos from different folders. So in that way I should either always upload the whole folders and keep them synced or create special photo folders for iPod sync.

irontree
Feb 1st, 2011, 06:27 PM
I make an album in iPhoto and throw in photos that I want sent to my phone such as wallpapers. I then set that folder to sync with my phone from within iTunes

jamesB
Feb 1st, 2011, 06:38 PM
or create special photo folders for iPod sync.

Now there, that wasn't so hard was it?

neoleo
Feb 1st, 2011, 06:57 PM
Now there, that wasn't so hard was it?

It's not the issue. I just don't get WHY there is no normal way.
Why I can delete movies and photos from web/camera and can't do the same with others. And why I can choose movies with checking/unchecking every movie one by one and can't do the same with photos.

mguertin
Feb 2nd, 2011, 02:13 AM
It's not the issue. I just don't get WHY there is no normal way.
Why I can delete movies and photos from web/camera and can't do the same with others. And why I can choose movies with checking/unchecking every movie one by one and can't do the same with photos.

We can't answer those questions, only Apple can. It sucks that we're forced to do everything through iTunes. Maybe they will eventually come to their senses and let us actually do "insanely great" things like access the files on our devices without having to use music playing software with horrid interfaces to do so.

Macfury
Feb 2nd, 2011, 10:06 AM
The SYNCing business is the reason I won't even get an iPod. Having a company work so hard to make life difficult for me when all I want is a glorified portable hard drive with a screen and a headphone output makes this a no-buy.

monokitty
Feb 2nd, 2011, 10:48 AM
The SYNCing business is the reason I won't even get an iPod. Having a company work so hard to make life difficult for me when all I want is a glorified portable hard drive with a screen and a headphone output makes this a no-buy.

You're not getting an iPod because you're over thinking this two-fold more than necessary. Since when is syncing via iTunes such a deal breaker? It's not difficult nor painful in the least. If you need a hard drive, get a hard drive, not an iPod. iPods aren't document storage devices; they're entertainment devices.

Macfury
Feb 2nd, 2011, 02:10 PM
You're not getting an iPod because you're over thinking this two-fold more than necessary. Since when is syncing via iTunes such a deal breaker? It's not difficult nor painful in the least. If you need a hard drive, get a hard drive, not an iPod. iPods aren't document storage devices; they're entertainment devices.

Because I don't want to SYNC. I want a machine that I can plug into any damned computer I want and download songs and photos at random. I'm not over-thinking it. I thought about it once after seeing someone else SYNC-ing.

Elric
Feb 2nd, 2011, 11:19 PM
I don't have an option to upload only selected photos from different folders. So in that way I should either always upload the whole folders and keep them synced or create special photo folders for iPod sync.

USE DROPBOX...

I don't understand, it does exactly what you want it to do, but uses internet? so, you are using the wifi anyways...