: Can anyone run Leapfrog Connect?

Performa
Dec 26th, 2010, 02:21 AM
My daughter has one of those Tag Readers. You have to run the Leapfrog Connect software to download and install the audio for the device. It's been quite a while since I've used it, but we got some new books for christmas. Now the program won't run. I've tried reinstalling, but it just quits unexpectedly each time on both my 27" iMac and an old MacBook. Anyone having better luck?

Performa
Dec 28th, 2010, 03:08 PM
Is there really no one else on here who has a leapfrog Tag reader for their kids? Help!

jay_vw
Dec 28th, 2010, 06:02 PM
Not sure if it helps you much, but we too have that reader thing. My wife had trouble loading it onto her macbook, ended up installing it on our PC....

Performa
Dec 30th, 2010, 02:48 AM
Well, I guess that makes me feel better that it's not just me, but it sure is frustrating... I thought the days of having to use a PC as a workaround were over. I had this thing working before, then a few months back I was unable to run it on our iMac or MacBook. It still worked on my old PowerBook, so I assumed it was incompatible with Snow Leopard. Now when I tried it I was hoping that the incompatibility would be fixed. Instead it doesn't work on the PowerBook either!

Dec 30th, 2010, 02:59 AM
Contact Customer Service at 1-800-701-5327 or via email at [email protected] I believe what you experiencing is a common problem and they should be able to help you. They may give you instructions on how to perforn a "clean uninstall". Make sure they know you are Mac as instructions vary by platform.

jay_vw
Jan 1st, 2011, 06:30 PM
If you get anywhere, let me know. My wife just gave up on it, but us retiring the PC within a few months, I'll be needing to access it with the macbook. Thanks....

ericsan
Jan 4th, 2011, 04:01 AM
I install in in my macbook pro 13 with newest snow leopard and has been working fine.

Eric

chrisburke
Jan 4th, 2011, 07:31 AM
It works just fine on my MacBook (with snow leopard).. Did you make sure you have the Mac version of the reader... There are 2 different ones (not just software)

mrhud
Jan 7th, 2011, 11:23 AM
We purchased a new book for my daughter as well. I had the Tag reader USB plugged into a USB hub. I read that it doesn't work well that way. I plugged the Tag USB directly into the Mac and that worked flawlessly.