: For Sale Ikea Jerker Ultimate Super-Desk, best ever

MazterCBlazter
Dec 11th, 2010, 05:45 PM

rgray
Dec 11th, 2010, 07:48 PM
My gawd that thing is fugly. I can see why you want to unload it. BTW half the links on that shrine page are bad.

Jugger Grimrodd
Dec 12th, 2010, 02:57 PM
They are awesome desks. I have one and I love it. I like it BECAUSE it allows a more minimalist look. You can manage cables easily and it holds everything I use (printer on the swing platform, Drobo's along the top, iMac in the middle. I was sad when Ikea stopped selling them. The are also deceptively sturdy.

If the seller weren't in BC, I would buy it.

jagga
Dec 20th, 2010, 01:22 AM
If you're an audio/visual engineer with LOTS of kits as part of your daily work - the Jerkers are pure work-horses and incredibly stable furniture - an amazement that IKEA actually sold them (most likely why they where discontinued since nobody NEEDED to go buy another again).

Great product and very rare lately with ALL attachments. Worth the money.

screature
Jan 16th, 2011, 10:56 AM
+100% they are great desks, strong and stable as hell... I have had mine for 13 years or so... Well worth the money.

screature
Jan 16th, 2011, 11:00 AM
My gawd that thing is fugly. I can see why you want to unload it. BTW half the links on that shrine page are bad.

To each their own, I think they look great and they are extremely versatile and rock solid and can hold literally hundreds of pounds of gear in very compact space. If you have lots of gear and not much room they are a god send.

Here is mine set up (I used to have two 21" CRTs on it with them each weighing about 70lbs. The thing never showed any stress form the weight at all.)

https://www.ehmac.ca/attachments/photography-focus/13870d1271005974t-ehmac-cribs-show-us-your-mac-crib-computer_setup_web_april_2010-2.jpg

They also have two slide outs, one on each angled corner, that provide additional work surface when you need it. Like this (not my set up):

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/250/458998082_3f92f7fbdc_z.jpg

(Seems they are popular with the Mac Pro crowd. ;))