: Refurb iPad?

jwootton
Nov 8th, 2010, 08:44 PM
I saw some refurb iPad's in the US apple store, anyone seen any here in Canada yet, I'm not even sure where I would look

mikef
Nov 8th, 2010, 09:01 PM
If/when they show up, it'll be under Apple Store (http://apple.ca/store) at the bottom left of the page under "Special Deals"

Andrew Pratt
Nov 8th, 2010, 09:13 PM
They haven't shown up yet.

johnnyspade
Nov 8th, 2010, 10:43 PM
You have to think when those things finally do show up in the refurb, they're going to go quick. I can't imagine they'll be that much cheaper though.

jwootton
Nov 8th, 2010, 11:05 PM
True, I was just wondering if they'd start showing up soon. Didn't know if the us store was way ahead of any other store

mikef
Nov 8th, 2010, 11:11 PM
Obviously the US market is MUCH larger and the iPad has been available there the longest so there's a better chance "refurbs" will be available. I'm sure they'll come to the Canadian Apple Store in time...

jeepguy
Nov 9th, 2010, 11:45 AM
the price difference is only $50, for that amount I would rather get it new.

mikef
Nov 9th, 2010, 02:35 PM
the price difference is only $50, for that amount I would rather get it new.

I totally agree on that. One would expect refurbs to be priced accordingly, however with market demand so high, Apple can get away with minimal discounting. Some people would be happy with a $50 savings, I would pay the difference for new, regardless of what "new" vs. "refurb" means.

hayesk
Nov 9th, 2010, 05:04 PM
To me, refurb is just as good as new. I don't see "new" as being any more reliable, and I'll bet refurbs have undergone more testing than new.

mikef
Nov 9th, 2010, 05:10 PM
I knew somebody would raise the point... to each his/her own.

kloan
Nov 9th, 2010, 07:41 PM
Refurb iPad is something I'd steer clear from. You're almost guaranteed to get one with the minor flaws Apple seems to think people should just live with.

After getting this iMac and all it's crappy glory, I doubt I'll buy a refurbished Apple product ever again.