: Official Apple Bumper question

Limit77
Nov 3rd, 2010, 03:30 PM
Is the Apple store the only place to buy the iP4 bumper? (aside from eBay)

monokitty
Nov 3rd, 2010, 03:34 PM
Or ordering one online via Apple, yes.

whatiwant
Nov 3rd, 2010, 04:13 PM
I've got a couple which I hate (colour: black), and would love to unload, if people can live without the packaging.

G-Mo
Nov 3rd, 2010, 04:31 PM
I got a couple in package. PM me! There are also some on Craigslist and Kijiji.

Limit77
Nov 3rd, 2010, 05:26 PM
I've got a couple which I hate (colour: black), and would love to unload, if people can live without the packaging.

Why do you hate them?

whatiwant
Nov 4th, 2010, 12:12 AM
Why do you hate them?

They're a) ugly b) sticky c) bulky d) kill the aesthetic that makes the iPhone 4 an iPhone 4 in the first place.

kloan
Nov 4th, 2010, 01:20 AM
Yeah, me too.. I've got a black one that came with mine when I bought it, but I prefer my SGP vintage case instead. Been trying to sell it for $20 shipped with no luck. Kinda surprising considering they sell for $30+tax.

Limit77
Nov 4th, 2010, 08:38 AM
They're a) ugly b) sticky c) bulky d) kill the aesthetic that makes the iPhone 4 an iPhone 4 in the first place.

Hmmm..

Well, I really don't know any case that doesn't 'kill the aesthetic'... most cover the entire back and sides.

I do agree that a 'sticky' case is annoying when pulling it out of ones pocket,... the only plus is that it'll not slide off a slippery surface easily.

I have 3 cases, none of which I'm happy with.

I'm gonna try the bumper and see how it goes.

iphoneottawa
Nov 4th, 2010, 08:54 AM
I got a free one but don't like how it hides the metallic part.
Also have a look on eBay.
There are some cheaper ($2!) knock-offs with very good reviews.

whatiwant
Nov 4th, 2010, 09:08 AM
I bought a sena pouch case for mine. Protects it in my pocket and when taking it in and out while allowing me to use the phone as intended when handling it.

http://www.senacases.com/apple/iphone-4-cases/ultraslim/