: iPhone DST Issues

jkojima
Nov 1st, 2010, 12:52 PM
So today's news is that the countries that switched to daylight savings this weekend are afflicted with an iPhone bug whereby alarms go off an hour late. iPhone DST bug causing alarms to fail across Europe (updated) -- Engadget (http://www.engadget.com/2010/11/01/iphone-dst-bug-causing-alarms-to-fail-across-europe/)

I am having the exact opposite issue - ever since Sunday morning, my alarm has been going off an hour too soon. Seems that some folks in the US are seeing the same thing, even though DST isn't until next weekend.

Anybody else experiencing this?

Joker Eh
Nov 1st, 2010, 01:41 PM
Everyone knows when daylight saving is, just change the alarm clock, is it that hard to do?

people just want to have an excuse for something.

Stephanie
Nov 1st, 2010, 01:53 PM
I blame DST. Almost makes me want to move somewhere that they don't muck with the clocks twice a year.

FWIW all my calendar alarms went off when they were supposed to this morning.

fjnmusic
Nov 1st, 2010, 01:58 PM
I blame DST. Almost makes me want to move somewhere that they don't muck with the clocks twice a year.

FWIW all my calendar alarms went off when they were supposed to this morning.

You might enjoy sunny Saskatchewan, then. No major hockey team though.

Admant
Nov 1st, 2010, 02:44 PM
So today's news is that the countries that switched to daylight savings this weekend are afflicted with an iPhone bug whereby alarms go off an hour late. iPhone DST bug causing alarms to fail across Europe (updated) -- Engadget (http://www.engadget.com/2010/11/01/iphone-dst-bug-causing-alarms-to-fail-across-europe/)

I am having the exact opposite issue - ever since Sunday morning, my alarm has been going off an hour too soon. Seems that some folks in the US are seeing the same thing, even though DST isn't until next weekend.

Anybody else experiencing this?

My alarm went off an hour early this morning as well.

Macified
Nov 1st, 2010, 03:09 PM
Everyone knows when daylight saving is, just change the alarm clock, is it that hard to do?

people just want to have an excuse for something.

Yes everyone knows when DST is (not really but, okay). It's an actual bug, not just something to complain about. Why do some users here have to keep jumping posters. It's legitimate so why not lay off?

dona83
Nov 1st, 2010, 03:19 PM
I have a Sony alarm clock with iPod dock, best of both worlds.

Joker Eh
Nov 1st, 2010, 04:24 PM
Yes everyone knows when DST is (not really but, okay). It's an actual bug, not just something to complain about. Why do some users here have to keep jumping posters. It's legitimate so why not lay off?

Would you accept the excuse from someone that they came into work late because their iPhone alarm went off an hour late? Not me.

I just can't see what all the hoopla is all about. When did Apple become responsible for everyone wakeup call? Thatís the way a lot of the reports have made it sound like.

And I was not jumping on anyone, I was offering my opinion on the subject.

cap10subtext
Nov 1st, 2010, 07:59 PM
So the update is that it's only affecting repeating alarms set toanything but everyday. Strange. This was actually quite a concern, thought I'd have togo dig up/buy an old alarm clock, my wife and I always use our iphone/iPod to wake up and don't really have any other alarm clocks. I'd have to move the coffee maker into the bedroom. :/

Macified
Nov 2nd, 2010, 12:47 AM
Would you accept the excuse from someone that they came into work late because their iPhone alarm went off an hour late? Not me.

I just can't see what all the hoopla is all about. When did Apple become responsible for everyone wakeup call? Thatís the way a lot of the reports have made it sound like.

And I was not jumping on anyone, I was offering my opinion on the subject.

The alarm function did not work as expected. It's a bug. While a minor reprimand for being late might be in order, there is room for some forgiveness. Set an alarm and check it twice only to have it fail out of your control.

You're welcome to your opinion but Apple messed up. Not a major issue that will be easily solved so no big deal. Nobody was trying to crucify them over this one.

Joker Eh
Nov 2nd, 2010, 10:14 AM
I'd have to move the coffee maker into the bedroom. :/

Now that's an idea. :greedy:

Admant
Nov 2nd, 2010, 10:17 AM
So the update is that it's only affecting repeating alarms set toanything but everyday. Strange. This was actually quite a concern, thought I'd have togo dig up/buy an old alarm clock, my wife and I always use our iphone/iPod to wake up and don't really have any other alarm clocks. I'd have to move the coffee maker into the bedroom. :/

My alarm is set for every day and goes off one hour early.

Joker Eh
Nov 2nd, 2010, 10:53 AM
My alarm is set for every day and goes off one hour early.

I thought this only affected Europe? What iOS version you have? Mine is set for everyday and goes off without a hitch.