: 5th Gen. iPod nano (Video) Opinion...

Bjornbro
Oct 20th, 2010, 11:58 PM
I never carefully looked at the 5th generation nano before. Now I'd like to buy one as a gift specifically because it (is an iPod) and has a video camera. To the owners out there, how do you like the sound and video it captures and is it easy to use?

monokitty
Oct 21st, 2010, 12:03 AM
Better buy one soon, as they're discontinued...

Bjornbro
Oct 21st, 2010, 12:08 AM
Better buy one soon, as they're discontinued...
Hence the wanted feedback.

SD-B
Oct 23rd, 2010, 05:42 PM
One thing i can offer....although not about the iPod........DO NOT buy the FLIP..........I have had 2 suddenly stop working for no reason whatsoever and I since have discovered that its a common problem that Flip refuses to acknowledge.

One I had that i sold to a guy making documentary's was purchased at Steve's Music Store for $299.

I hadn't ever heard of it nor had he but after he bought it and tried it out, he raved about the sound of it saig that by far it was the best one he had used.
Said you would not find one with such good sound as this one and that the video was fine, as good as any other. But the sound quality was what surprised him.
It is known for its sound which was why he wanted to buy it from me and try it out but he was skeptical before hand but pleased afterwards to discover it lived up to its advertising

Zoom Q3 - Video Recorder

Zoom Q3 - Video Recorder [44997] : Steve's Music Store, Guitars, Drums, Keyboards, Recording, PA, etc... (http://www.stevesmusic.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8_197&products_id=5691)

DR Hannon
Oct 23rd, 2010, 08:58 PM
The nano is a solid unit. The picture quality could be better in low lighting, but from what I read on par with the flip, the sound on the other hand is quite good. Great mic on it. I just watched couple of vids and they good quality. Not professional, but youtube worthy.

As for ease of use, my 5 year old could use it without a fuss. Very easy to use.:clap:

Bjornbro
Oct 23rd, 2010, 11:06 PM
As for ease of use, my 5 year old could use it without a fuss. Very easy to use.:clap:
Just what I was wondering. I'm thinking ahead for Christmas for my daughter.

Pat McCrotch
Oct 24th, 2010, 02:26 PM
Just what I was wondering. I'm thinking ahead for Christmas for my daughter.

Totally recommended! I bought an iPod for my dad's birthday and thought the camera was a gimmick until I tried it out. For taking fun videos of friends and such, it has much more quality than the minimum. People speaking or playing music (at reasonable volumes) can be heard very clearly.

As long as you're not shooting a HD documentary for national geographic, that iPods got great video and audio for casual use.

DR Hannon
Oct 24th, 2010, 08:14 PM
If you do not mind me saying, my son mastered the iPod pretty quick and has moved to a iPod touch. The apps keep entertained and there are some good learning apps out there. He has already mastered the touch as well. Also, both connected to our 42 inch plasma with the component cables. The picture looked great.