Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

Dock Problems?

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Mississauga 
#1 ·
Hello, I hope someone has ideas on this.
I am having trouble removing an icon from the dock. I am running 10.2.3 on a Pismo G4 500.
The icon is from Imagebuddy. When I started the program I went to the dock and clicked on it to stay in dock. After a restart I clicked on the icon and got a question mark. I went to the application and dragged the icon into the dock and now it works. However, the other icon cannot be removed. Thanks.

#2 ·
As a rule, OS X won't let you remove an icon from the dock if the app it's connected to is running. I'm not familiar with Imagebuddy, but I would first check and make sure that it's not running at startup (go to System Preferences/Login items and see if it's in the list. If it is, highlight it and select "remove." If, on the other hand, you don't see it, then check the icon in the dock and see if you have launched the app inadvertently. Hold down the control key and click on the icon in question. If you see a menu option that says "quit" select it.

Once the app is no longer running, you ought to be able to drag it off the dock and send it to icon oblivion. Let me know if this helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.