: well..I got the phone....

macmac
Oct 5th, 2010, 02:08 PM
Well...I had to suck up my pride....but I did it...I waited in line at sherway from 7:30 until about 9am ...thats when we got the news...15, 16gig and 5, 32gig phones were in stock. I was 5th in line and #2 on the 32gig list. By 10:45, I was out the door.

I was one of those people who refused to wait in line...but i sucked it up and am happy for it. I figured waiting a few hours is probably less time then driving around to all the rogers stores every couple of days.

To Do List:

1. Call up rogers and get them to eliminate the activation key
2. Find a good case for the phone.

Does anyone have any case recommendations?

Cheers

fyrefly
Oct 5th, 2010, 02:25 PM
Congrats on the phone! 3 hours seems not bad - was yours a HUP or an unlocked model? If you had bought unlocked you probably would have been out the door by 9:30am!

Re: Cases - I may be in the minority, but I love Apple's Bumper. It fits with the design, and I've always loved cases that are clear or showcase the design, rather than cover it up. A Bumper with a screen protector on each side is my preference at least. Too bad Apple's free case program is over - $29 is too steep IMHO.

mrhud
Oct 5th, 2010, 02:31 PM
Congrats on the new phone. You won't regret the time you spent.

I also use the free bumper provided by Apple. I did have an Invisible Shield on there, but did't apply it well so I removed it. I then tried a BestSkinEver and blew that install as well.

I know I can install it well since I put one on my wife's phone (Zagg) and it still looks great even after 2 months.

I'll probably order more BestSkinsEver to reinstall.

Stephanie
Oct 5th, 2010, 02:55 PM
I'm also using the free bumper. I like the look and the feel of it.

chimo
Oct 5th, 2010, 03:40 PM
Well...I had to suck up my pride....but I did it...I waited in line at sherway from 7:30 until about 9am ...thats when we got the news...15, 16gig and 5, 32gig phones were in stock. I was 5th in line and #2 on the 32gig list. By 10:45, I was out the door.

I was one of those people who refused to wait in line...but i sucked it up and am happy for it. I figured waiting a few hours is probably less time then driving around to all the rogers stores every couple of days.

To Do List:

Does anyone have any case recommendations?

Cheers

My story is very similar to yours. Did not want to wait but did not want the frustration of trying to find one elsewhere. I sucked it up and waited in line at the store - it took me about the same amount of time as you.

I am still on a quest for an ideal case. I ordered a free Spec Pixel case. It's just OK. I have seen some nice leather pouches and hard cases. Beyza makes some excellent quality pouches (a little expensive right now unless you wait for a sale). The SGP vintage leather cases look nice.

macmac
Oct 5th, 2010, 03:44 PM
Well I picked up a roots case for $30 bucks for now. Im clumsy, so I know its just a matter of time before I drop it. This case is good..BUT, it is bulky.

Anyways...im just excited about the phone..i love the retina display and would love to find someone who has it so i can try facetime. It is also WICKED fast compared to my old (original iphone)

jayman
Oct 5th, 2010, 03:46 PM
I'm using the bumper and the carbon kit from SGP. the front screen protector is the best I've used yet! Smooth as silk and no orange peel like the others. Installation was a breeze, no water needed, no bubbles, easy peasy!

http://gallery.me.com/jason.gale/100006/_MG_1783/web.jpg?ver=12829417250001

http://gallery.me.com/jason.gale/100006/_MG_1773/web.jpg?ver=12829426390009

DR Hannon
Oct 5th, 2010, 03:54 PM
Congrats

mrhud
Oct 5th, 2010, 05:00 PM
I'm using the bumper and the carbon kit from SGP. the front screen protector is the best I've used yet! Smooth as silk and no orange peel like the others. Installation was a breeze, no water needed, no bubbles, easy peasy!

http://gallery.me.com/jason.gale/100006/_MG_1783/web.jpg?ver=12829417250001

http://gallery.me.com/jason.gale/100006/_MG_1773/web.jpg?ver=12829426390009

Nice

Did you order this from their website?

macmac
Oct 5th, 2010, 05:28 PM
Wow Jayman,

That looks nice...real nice. I wanted a case though that had a rubber grip. This way I can leave my phone on my dash and if I make a hard right turn the thing won't go sliding around.

What I liked about the older iphone I had..>I was able to place it right in the middle of the steering wheel column...so when I had the GPS on...I could just glance at it while at red lights. Im sure though there is a dashboard iphone 4 holder for my car.

The roots case did come with a screen protector skin..but its crap. I just installed it and there are a number of bubbles and I can't seem to get rid of them.

jayman
Oct 5th, 2010, 05:33 PM
Nice

Did you order this from their website?

Yes. Shipping was dirt cheap ($3.21) and relatively quick.

kloan
Oct 5th, 2010, 06:21 PM

To Do List:

Activation key?

SGP carbon kit looks good. I've got the SGP Vintage slim case... I love it. It's low profile, not bulky like so many other leather cases.

Whatever you do, stay away from Sena. I ordered their Sarach Flip and it arrived with a crooked fit. Looks like crap, and they've been ignoring my emails. I sent them a picture of the flaw and haven't heard back since.

EDIT: I retract my previous comment about Sena. I've heard back from them and they're sending me a replacement, along with a prepaid box to send the defective case back.

macmac
Oct 5th, 2010, 09:23 PM
Activation key?

SGP carbon kit looks good. I've got the SGP Vintage slim case... I love it. It's low profile, not bulky like so many other leather cases.

Whatever you do, stay away from Sena. I ordered their Sarach Flip and it arrived with a crooked fit. Looks like crap, and they've been ignoring my emails. I sent them a picture of the flaw and haven't heard back since.

haha...i guess i was so tired when i wrote that. I meant ACTIVATION FEE. Im going to tackle that tomorrow

kloan
Oct 5th, 2010, 10:48 PM
haha...i guess i was so tired when i wrote that. I meant ACTIVATION FEE. Im going to tackle that tomorrow

Ahh.. lol, ok. Yeah, activation fees suck. I was trying to activate a Bell SIM which I was assured was free if done online, and it most certainly wasn't free. $50!! Why? Because I was using a phone I already had, and not a new phone activation, even though it's from Bell! Crooks.