: iTunes tv show rental in Canada?

cchaynes
Oct 3rd, 2010, 03:34 PM
any news on this?

it seems there is no rentable content as of yet, or am i missing something?

anyone with a new apple tv would not want to "buy" the series....

mjollymo
Oct 3rd, 2010, 04:14 PM
I believe network deals have only been worked out for users south of the border.

No idea when TV show rentals would be available in Canada. If I had to guess, I wouldn't hold my breath.

jimbotelecom
Oct 3rd, 2010, 04:19 PM
Get a U.S. account for the shows that they do offer. It's pretty minimal even in the U.S. although there is some good Brit content.

cchaynes
Oct 3rd, 2010, 04:42 PM
Get a U.S. account for the shows that they do offer. It's pretty minimal even in the U.S. although there is some good Brit content.

well, i do have an account, but its empty, so i guess i need to head over to ebay and recharge it!

Paul82
Oct 3rd, 2010, 11:40 PM
I haven't even been able to get rentals to work via my us account, the content is minimal at this point as well, Fox and ABC are the main content providers so far...

dona83
Oct 4th, 2010, 11:43 AM
Speaking of which, I don't know how 99 cent for a TV episode rental devalues their content. How much revenue do these broadcasters receive per episode per viewer? In an age of falling advertising revenue, I can't imagine the 99 cent rental doing anything but helping to boost their bottom line as they probably get practically peanuts from the cable companies per subscriber.

bsenka
Oct 4th, 2010, 12:19 PM
I'm surprised that the networks are even getting the 99. I mean TV content is free. You pay for the connection, but not for the shows you watch. Then, most of the networks also re-air those shows also for free on their websites. Add in VCRs and PVRs, and it really makes me wonder who is paying anything not to download to own, but to RENT a TV show. If the networks are actually able to get people to pay that 99, they should be doing cartwheels about it, not complaining.