: Battery saving tips?

moonsocket
Oct 2nd, 2010, 12:59 PM
Hi All

I am looking for tips on saving battery time.
The iPhone seems to drain a lot faster than an ipod touch.
Any tips for making it last longer?
Using it may for ipod, web on wifi, and a few short calls right now.(pay as you go)

monokitty
Oct 2nd, 2010, 01:20 PM
Is the iPhone receiving (push) email?

moonsocket
Oct 2nd, 2010, 01:26 PM
Yes. I suppose I should turn that off?

cap10subtext
Oct 2nd, 2010, 01:34 PM
Turn off Wifi when you aren't using it. On iOS4 it seems to leave the WIFI running while its sleeping. On my iPhone 4 it almost doubles the potential standby time to leave Wifi off.

hhk
Oct 3rd, 2010, 01:04 AM
It would be nice if there was an app that could easily switch power modes. I hate having to go to Settings and then tweaking all features one by one to save power.

Z06jerry
Oct 3rd, 2010, 10:57 AM
Hi All

I am looking for tips on saving battery time.
The iPhone seems to drain a lot faster than an ipod touch.
Any tips for making it last longer?
Using it may for ipod, web on wifi, and a few short calls right now.(pay as you go)

If your iPhone is jailbroken ...

Auto3g
ScreenSaver
Quicklock

available through Cydia

winwintoo
Oct 3rd, 2010, 11:15 AM
Bluetooth seems to drain batteries really fast.

kevleviathan
Oct 3rd, 2010, 05:06 PM
Turn off Bluetooth
Turn off WiFi when not actively browsing
Turn off 3G if you don't need it
Turn on auto-lock for 1 minute
Turn down the brightness and turn on auto-brightness
Turn off push email if you don't need it (or if you have multiple accounts, you can granularly specify push/fetch per account)
If using fetch, set it for 1 hour or 30 minutes, not 15 minutes
Resist the urge to randomly turn on the phone just to see if it's still alive (like I do) because using it drains battery very quickly :P

macmac
Oct 7th, 2010, 11:37 PM
I will say...I am disappointed with the battery life of the phone. For a smartphone, the battery life of it sucks big time. I shouldn't have to do all this tweaking just to make it through the day.

SINC
Mar 28th, 2011, 07:39 AM
Before I shut off my iPhone 4, I double click the home button and any apps running in the background become visible in a dock-like row at the bottom of the screen. Touch and hold any icon for a couple of seconds and a red minus sign will appear on each icon, Then touch each red minus sign to turn off that app. Turn them ALL off, including the phone app itself. I do this as a matter of routine now each time I turn off the phone and my battery life is 50% better.