: Has anyone else had "timcard" woes

BigDL
Sep 24th, 2010, 02:17 PM
Since early September I have had trouble topping up a TimCard my son has been using.

He is attending collage in Halifax a two and half hour drive away from home.

I thought as a "poor" student he might enjoy a timmy's or perhaps a breakfast sandwich when running late on a particular morning.

At anyway the TimCard was in use for over a year and I would top up funds over the internet from time to time so he would not be ever out of funds. A very satisfactory solution to help out "the boy"

Well Tim Horton's updated their website around the begging of September and I have not able to top up his card since. The card is depleted of funds now needless to say.

I have contacted Tim Horton's by phone and e-mail with assurance the situation would be remedied very soon. The last assurance was 10 days ago.

Anyone else encounter this problem?

eMacMan
Sep 24th, 2010, 02:56 PM
Save yourself some brain damage. Buy him a new card and send it along via snail mail. Should be faster than the horse you are on now.:D

Sonal
Sep 24th, 2010, 03:12 PM
Er, no.

I lost my card a while ago and didn't report it right away because I'd assumed I'd misplaced it in my house. Well, evidently not, since when I finally got around to cancelling it, it had been used a few times. Oh well, my bad for my own procrastination.

Anyway, they are cancelling that card and sending me a new one with the balance, but it will take them 4-6 weeks to get it to me. I think that's a bit long, but whatever. Paying by cash is way faster than the card anyway.

BigDL
Sep 24th, 2010, 03:30 PM
Save yourself some brain damage. Buy him a new card and send it along via snail mail. Should be faster than the horse you are on now.:DThe whole point is the topping up of the card online.

Will a new card overcome this problem and have the desired effect of being able to top up online?

For over a year this was a quick and easy method to slip him a few bucks.

Kosh
Sep 24th, 2010, 03:40 PM
No help here.

My mom uses one, but I've never connected it to the internet (I've never registered it online). She usually just tops it up at the cash register or I'll top it up for her as a gift.

I'd go with eMacMan's suggestion. He probably could keep both cards going - you might only be able to keep one registered online, though.

Sonal
Sep 24th, 2010, 03:44 PM
I'd go with eMacMan's suggestion. He probably could keep both cards going - you might only be able to keep one registered online, though.

I believe what happens is that you transfer the balance to a single online registered card.

Aurora
Sep 24th, 2010, 06:24 PM
My grandson gave mea Timcard for my birthday and when I went to use it, it was blank. Embarrassing for all.

KC4
Sep 24th, 2010, 09:58 PM
No help here.

My mom uses one, but I've never connected it to the internet (I've never registered it online). She usually just tops it up at the cash register or I'll top it up for her as a gift.

It is a pain to load them online - It seems to me to be an overly complicated procedure. I have about 4 cards going - all for others. I must pay separately for each card I update. So I must do 4 separate payment transactions where it should just take one. Groan.

I know their VISA validation window is a security feature for my protection, but it seems to reject my payment (needlessly) about half the time.

Macfury
Sep 24th, 2010, 10:22 PM
I think the biggest woe with these cards is drinking the coffee.

BigDL
Sep 25th, 2010, 06:55 AM
I think the biggest woe with these cards is drinking the coffee.true that

mrjimmy
Sep 25th, 2010, 07:57 AM
I think the biggest woe with these cards is drinking the coffee.

I'd rather sip from an dirty ashtray full of water.

rgray
Sep 25th, 2010, 08:02 AM
I'd rather sip from an dirty ashtray full of water.

Hey, cool. C'mon by. I got one of those on my deck. It has bird crap and bugs in it too for extra flavour!

mrjimmy
Sep 25th, 2010, 08:20 AM
Hey, cool. C'mon by. I got one of those on my deck. It has bird crap and bugs in it too for extra flavour!

Only if you have a drive-thru.

rgray
Sep 25th, 2010, 08:38 AM
Only if you have a drive-thru.

Depends how badly you want to treat your car... We easily accommodate mountain bikes, ATVs, dirt bikes on this rural landscape ( please try to stay out of the River :D ). We also have an extremely surly attendant... :D

sands989
Sep 25th, 2010, 08:41 AM
I use a tim card "almost daily" and I have set up the auto reload feature online. It works great I never have to worry about reloading, it just always has a balance on it.
You also get a email when it tops up the card so you can keep track of what you are spending.
:clap:

Aurora
Sep 25th, 2010, 11:11 AM
I wondered how long it would take to start bashing Tims. It's only coffee.

Macfury
Sep 25th, 2010, 11:30 AM
It's only coffee.

If you'd stop making outrageous claims like this, perhaps we could get somewhere.

Aurora
Sep 25th, 2010, 01:27 PM
I'm assuming you are being humorous Macfury but I think you know what I mean. Mention something like Tims coffee and the people come out of the woodwork saying nothing less than imported coffee made with an expensive machine and drunk out of a porcelain cup will do. It's the same idea as when a tv program is mentioned. The posts come in from people claiming they are above watching such trash and they only watch uplifting fare from the Discovery channel. Like I said. It's only coffee. I don't revere Tims but it is a place to swing into when I feel like something hot and wet.
Cheers

KC4
Sep 25th, 2010, 01:38 PM
I'm assuming you are being humorous Macfury but I think you know what I mean. Mention something like Tims coffee and the people come out of the woodwork saying nothing less than imported coffee made with an expensive machine and drunk out of a porcelain cup will do. It's the same idea as when a tv program is mentioned. The posts come in from people claiming they are above watching such trash and they only watch uplifting fare from the Discovery channel. Like I said. It's only coffee. I don't revere Tims but it is a place to swing into when I feel like something hot and wet.
Cheers

I agree with you Aurora that it's just (IMHO) good, quick, reasonably priced beverages and food and that this thread wasn't asking for opinions about the quality of the ingestible products.... but I'm not touching your last sentence. Baaaahahahahahaaa! Thanks for the (unintended I'm sure) big laugh.

Aurora
Sep 25th, 2010, 04:16 PM
:lmao:

Macfury
Sep 25th, 2010, 04:42 PM
I'm assuming you are being humorous Macfury but I think you know what I mean. Mention something like Tims coffee and the people come out of the woodwork saying nothing less than imported coffee made with an expensive machine and drunk out of a porcelain cup will do.

I'd take a nice cup of cheapo 8'O'Clock Bokar.

Aurora
Sep 25th, 2010, 05:42 PM
Would you like that in paper? :D

mrjimmy
Sep 25th, 2010, 07:33 PM
I wondered how long it would take to start bashing Tims. It's only coffee.

To you it's only coffee. To others, swill.

hhk
Sep 25th, 2010, 08:43 PM
What bothers me about Tim Hortons is how far it's fallen. I used to love their coffee, maple glazed doughnuts and bagels. The coffee was hot and strong, the doughnuts and bagels fresh and baked in-house. Now it's all crap. They fired their regional bakers and now it all arrives frozen in a truck from some warehouse. The coffee is brown water.

Where I work, the only coffee shop for miles is Tim Hortons. I go to the local Petro-Canada instead. Yes, gas station coffees is better than that stuff Tim Hortons sells.