: Most Recent Cost for iPhone 4 Upgrade?

JVRudnick
Sep 21st, 2010, 03:18 PM
my son's 3G, is now 2 years old, and we can upgrade it, it appears, by simply signing him up for a new 3 year term....

anyone know the cost to get the new iPhone4 on this deal from Rogers? or anyone else as a comparison...

?

Jim

Paul82
Sep 21st, 2010, 03:36 PM
There is an online tool on rogers website that will tell you what upgrade price you are eligible for but in general it should be 159 for the 16gb or 269 for the 32 gb.

JVRudnick
Sep 22nd, 2010, 11:28 AM
Hmmm...thanks for the pointer but I think there's an issue that I'm unaware of maybe?

went to the online Rogers site, logged in to my account and I do see two accounts there -- setup by me years ago now - one for me & my iPhone number with my simple 40 minutes for $8 a month fees -- and one for my son under his iPhone number with his My5/6GB data plan....

the thing is, that when I click on his account and ask if he is 'eligible' to upgrade to iPhone.4 -- it says yup, but at the full un-accounted price of like $700+ for the 32 GB model...

yet, when I check if I can upgrade to the iPhone.4, it says yup, at the $269 price for 32 GB

???

so, my thinking is that I can simply upgrade my own iPhone at $269, hand him the unit, he'll plug in his SIM card and then he'll get the iPhone.4...

is that both "legit" and will this work? dunno why he'd get charged the huge price ???

can someone offer up some counsel here pls?

Jim

fyrefly
Sep 22nd, 2010, 12:30 PM
Weird... Rogers' unofficial stance is that you have to be on a voice plan of $25 or more to get the $159/$269 price... bt I've had numerous friends skirt past that stance.

It's weird that your cheapy plan would qualify and your son's more expensive plan wouldn't though...