: Upgrade Unlocked 1G iPhone Help

aab01
Sep 18th, 2010, 02:58 PM
Hello!

My originally bought 2G iPhone that I unlocked for use way back in the day is currently sitting at 1.1.1 version (04.01.13 firmware). It's been sitting in a drawer since who knows how long now that I have and use my 3G.

I'm wanting to unlock and upgrade it now and give it to someone but am not sure where to start. I think when I originally unlocked it I did it on my Windows computer which I no longer have and am using my Mac only now. Current iTunes vers 9.2.1.

Any tips, suggestions, etc would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Dr_AL
Sep 19th, 2010, 05:29 PM
I've never had an issue with the PwnageTools.

So I would say download PwnageTool 3.1.5, which will jailbreak the iOS 3.1.3.

From there download 3.1.3, open up PwnageTool 3.1.5 select the original iPhone and then the location of the firmware, and let it do the work. The PwnageTool will setup the firmware to unlock the original iPhone through BootNeuter, and the iPhone will be good to go with 3.1.3.

Also the original iPhone running 3.1.3 jailbroken works fine with iTunes 10.

I've tried a couple of firmwares on my original iPhone and found that 3.1.3 is fine. It also maybe required for some apps in the AppStore, which is the real reason I went with 3.1.3.

andreww
Sep 20th, 2010, 06:56 AM
First thing you should do is go here...

iPhone & iTouch Jailbreak / Unlock Matrix | jailbreakmatrix.com (http://jailbreakmatrix.com/iPhone-iTouch-Jailbreak)

I would suggest you take the phone to 3.1.2 and use blackra1n to unlock. I never could get 3.1.3 to work, and there are no new features, so staying at 3.1.2 is fine.