: Rogers out of commission?

alienanxiety
Sep 7th, 2010, 07:29 PM
Anyone with Rogers having problems today? I haven't been able to send or receive calls for about the past 4 hours. No text or net either. "Could Not Activate Cellular Data Network". I've reset my setting, rebooted, nothing helps. I can still access WIFI though.
I'm thinking Rogers is having problems. But for 4 hours???

Skinner
Sep 7th, 2010, 07:47 PM
Same here. I'm near Windsor, Ontario. Sending calls on 3G takes 30 to 45 seconds to go through and the quality isn't good when it connects. Incoming 3G calls go straight to VM. I switched to Edge and outgoing calls went through immediately and incoming calls go through as normal. Data access on 3G is not happening. Been that way since about 3:30pm.

Obviously a problem with the 3G side of things.

K

alienanxiety
Sep 7th, 2010, 07:48 PM
I'm in Windsor too. on an iphone 4. i can't do anything with it!

Skinner
Sep 7th, 2010, 07:50 PM
iP4 here too. Just switch to Edge. Go into Settings-General-Network and turn off "Enable 3G". Should work for now until they get things sorted out.

K

alienanxiety
Sep 7th, 2010, 08:06 PM
actually, my phone just rang. things seem to be fixed ... for now.

Skinner
Sep 7th, 2010, 09:37 PM
Not fixed for me. 3G is definitely not working properly.

a7mc
Sep 7th, 2010, 11:21 PM
Rogers is down for me here in Ottawa. Can't make any calls at all. Even turning off 3G didn't help me.

MattOnDemand
Sep 8th, 2010, 12:42 AM
everything fine in Toronto. I always use EDGE though on my i4, so maybe that's why?

andreww
Sep 8th, 2010, 07:33 AM
everything fine in Toronto. I always use EDGE though on my i4, so maybe that's why?

I'm curious as to why you don't use 3G Matt?

Skinner
Sep 8th, 2010, 08:56 AM
3G back up in the Windsor area so it seems.

K

irontree
Sep 8th, 2010, 10:13 AM
I'm curious as to why you don't use 3G Matt?

Probably because it saves battery life bigtime!

Skinner
Sep 9th, 2010, 10:36 PM
3G down in the Windsor area again today. I called Rogers tech and was told it's a known issue and that I should switch to Edge for the time being. He also told me to call customer service and ask for a credit or some other compensation. I think free long distance isn't too much to ask is it? ;-)

okcomputer
Sep 10th, 2010, 08:19 PM
He also told me to call customer service and ask for a credit or some other compensation. I think free long distance isn't too much to ask is it? ;-)

Interesting. A while back, Rogers service in Halifax was down or spotty for an entire day. I missed a few important calls, and I was out and about and unable to contact people I was meeting with.

I called Rogers and the rep said it was a known issue. I asked for a few bucks off of my bill (basically one day's service), and she refused, saying that they didn't guarantee any amount of uptime.

Lawrence
Sep 10th, 2010, 08:41 PM
Rogers is too busy buying CTV at the moment,
Maybe that's the problem, They just have to stop focusing on one thing at a time.

;)

Benito
Sep 11th, 2010, 10:41 AM
Dave, the thing is that it is Bell that is purchasing CTV, not Rogers.;)

Lawrence
Sep 12th, 2010, 10:52 AM
Dave, the thing is that it is Bell that is purchasing CTV, not Rogers.;)

You're right, How did I get that mixed up,
Gotta proofread more.

alienanxiety
Sep 16th, 2010, 01:45 PM
This is beyond brutal. 3G was down most of yesterday and was still not working when I woke up this morning.

As far as I see it, the contract is an agreement. I agree to pay them for a service. If they can't offer me the full service that I paid for, then I shouldn't have to pay them the full amount.

Dogz
Sep 18th, 2010, 09:20 AM
I'm still having major problems here in Ottawa. Have two iphones in the house, an ipad on rogers and just purchased a new one this week for my Mother, which I had a hell of a time activating on Tuesday...now I know why!

Anyone have any updates as to what is actually going on? I can switch the ipads to bell but am stuck with Rogers for the iphones.

Ironside
Sep 24th, 2010, 04:43 PM
Rogers data went down again today around noon.

It's been out nearly 4 hours, keeps spitting out the "Could not activate cellular data network" error.

Also, I've tried calling Roger's tech support from my iphone 4 (i'm not at home) and the call takes a while to go through, then drops shortly after connecting saying "call failed".

:ptptptptp

WHAT is going on!??? I need to access my e-mail and what-not! This is B.S.!!!

Anyone else having the same issue today?

fyrefly
Sep 24th, 2010, 05:05 PM
Anyone else having the same issue today?

I'm DT Toronto - and I have no such outage. Where are you located - that might help to pinpoint your problem. Have you tried rebooting your phone, or at least flipping to Airplane mode and then back? Sometimes that resets your 3G IP Address and has fixed problems for my numerous times before.

Skinner
Sep 24th, 2010, 05:18 PM
Spoke with Rogers at noon. My 3G has been down for most of the morning (I'm in the Windsor, Ontario area.) As we were talking a new ticket came across her screen saying 3G was out for most of Southwestern Ontario. She told me to use EDGE (duh).

Customer service will be getting a call. I want some sort of compensation because this on again, off again stuff has been going on for a few weeks now.

K

Skinner
Sep 24th, 2010, 05:20 PM
4:18pm. Full bars on my 3G signal strength. "Cannot access the cellular data network."

Also cannot make a phone call or text, cannot receive a phone call or text.

I know, use EDGE. That's not the point.

K

Ironside
Sep 24th, 2010, 05:40 PM
I'm also in Windsor, Ontario.

Just got off the phone with Rogers. He did some kind of reset and told me to switch it to EDGE which worked (but was pitifully slow).

I asked him how I will know when the problem is fixed and he said that because this is an on-going issue that is effecting SO many customers, Rogers will most likely NOT be sending out notifications when the issue is resolved.

He also told me that I could turn 3G on to check if it works and if it doesn't, I could just switch back to EDGE/2G and it would work again.

Shortly after getting off the phone, I switched on 3G juuuuuuuust to see if it might work. I got the same error "Could not activate cellular data network" but now when I turn off 3G it still doesn't work.

:ptptptptp ROGEEEEEEEERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *SHAKES FIST* :ptptptptp

diggler
Sep 24th, 2010, 08:31 PM
getting very frustrated... Anyone know what they are doing?

Ironside
Sep 27th, 2010, 02:43 PM
3G DATA DOWN AGAIN!!!!!!!!

This is SERIOUSLY unbelievable. How are we PAYING for THIS kind of crappy service!

If it doesn't go back up VERY soon, i'm calling Rogers to raise hell and get some kind of credit.

Worst phone company on the planet. :ptptptptp

Stephanie
Sep 27th, 2010, 02:53 PM
I'm in Brampton, I haven't had any trouble with the 3G data today, or Friday. Right now I've got streaming radio coming in over 3G and it's working just fine.

Maybe the problems are just in one geographic area?

Ironside
Sep 27th, 2010, 03:26 PM
I'm in Brampton, I haven't had any trouble with the 3G data today, or Friday. Right now I've got streaming radio coming in over 3G and it's working just fine.

Maybe the problems are just in one geographic area?

I think it's Windsor to London-ish...

Mine went out @ 1:11pm today. Haven't been able to get my e-mail or internet since. XX)

Skinner
Sep 27th, 2010, 09:00 PM
Windsor area 3G is still down as of this moment. Tried calling Rogers to vent but the wait time was too long. Will call tomorrow morning. This is getting ridiculous! It's up, it's down, it's up, it's down...

K

thadley
Sep 28th, 2010, 10:10 AM
Data went down for me yesterday, around...2ish, EST in DT Toronto. Phone went No Service for a while, came back up maybe after half an hour or so?

Skinner
Sep 28th, 2010, 12:03 PM
Well it's up in Windsor again. For now. When I start to get voicemail and the phone isn't ringing I'll know it's down again.

K

alienanxiety
Sep 29th, 2010, 05:42 PM
class action lawsuit? anyone know a shark lawyer?