: Apple Event Will Be Streamed!

iheartmac
Aug 31st, 2010, 08:45 PM
Just like the the good old days:

Apple to livestream its fall event -- Engadget (http://www.engadget.com/2010/08/31/apple-to-livestream-its-fall-event/)

Chealion
Aug 31st, 2010, 11:05 PM
Now with the fancy HTTP Live Streaming feature they've been promoting as part of QTX and iOS 3+

It will be quite interesting to see how well it stands up.

Andrew Pratt
Aug 31st, 2010, 11:10 PM
Cool! I'll be in a conference call in the morning so hopefully that ends in time to catch this live.

daniels
Aug 31st, 2010, 11:46 PM
it says mac's with safari installed, i wonder if pc's with safari will be able to watch it?

eMacMan
Sep 1st, 2010, 12:50 AM
Reading between the lines it seems to require Safari 5, so those of us still on older systems and therefore most likely to update soon will be shut out as well.:ptptptptp

fyrefly
Sep 1st, 2010, 01:32 AM
This is (as many are saying) an attempt to not repeat what happened at WWDC, where Steve's demo got screwed up by all the Wifi Base-stations in the crowd. We'll see if this fixes things at all... I kinda doubt it - as most the usual suspects (Engaget, Macrumors, etc...) are all there promising live updates regardless.

daniels
Sep 1st, 2010, 02:03 AM
i dont get it why don't they just lock up the stupid network with wpa??

The Great Waka
Sep 1st, 2010, 03:41 AM
i dont get it why don't they just lock up the stupid network with wpa??

The problem isn't people on their wifi network, rather all of the people with their MiFi's and the like, broadcasting their own networks. Caused way too much interference for anything to work well.

So the mumblings seem to point to this streaming as the test of their (rumoured) streaming service eh?

daniels
Sep 1st, 2010, 03:49 AM
The problem isn't people on their wifi network, rather all of the people with their MiFi's and the like, broadcasting their own networks. Caused way too much interference for anything to work well.

So the mumblings seem to point to this streaming as the test of their (rumoured) streaming service eh?

oh that explains it :rolleyes: Lol

andreww
Sep 1st, 2010, 07:43 AM
Can someone post a link to the event when it becomes available?

polywog
Sep 1st, 2010, 08:10 AM
Apple to Provide Live Video Streaming of September 1 Event (http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2010/08/31alert.html)

Nothing specific there right now beyond Apple (http://www.apple.com). I'm anxious to see how this pans out.

cchaynes
Sep 1st, 2010, 12:03 PM
Can someone post a link to the event when it becomes available?

Apple (http://www.apple.com) then click

Macified
Sep 1st, 2010, 01:49 PM
Wonder what it means that the song playing at the event right now is "We Can Work It Out?". Will this event include the Beatles library?

Stephanie
Sep 1st, 2010, 02:05 PM
Sitting here at work waiting for the thing to start, and it finally dawned on me that I don't have Snow Leopard at the office, just Leopard. D'oh!

Seems funny and ironic that my year-old iMac can't stream it but my iPhone can, hehe.

cantwait
Sep 1st, 2010, 02:09 PM
iOS 4.1 with Bugs fix = 3G performance just announced!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

JetSter735180
Sep 1st, 2010, 02:21 PM
Took me 2 sec to connect, and image quality in full screen on my MacbookPro 17" is better then the 640 HD version they release after the keynotes....

Awesome technology.

Thanks apple.

Puccasaurus
Sep 1st, 2010, 02:30 PM
My goodness....Steve is skeletal! I hope his health is OK. I almost didn't recognize him when I tuned in.
"I've lived a lot of my life upside down". Good one, Steve :)

Macified
Sep 1st, 2010, 02:32 PM
Nice to see the Shuffle go back to version 2 model. Version 3 was just too ackward.

Nano doesn't seem to have video anymore. Most video users are probably going with the Touch.

benmossm
Sep 1st, 2010, 02:51 PM
Haha "One More Hobby"

SilverMaple
Sep 1st, 2010, 03:11 PM
Sitting here at work waiting for the thing to start, and it finally dawned on me that I don't have Snow Leopard at the office, just Leopard. D'oh!

Seems funny and ironic that my year-old iMac can't stream it but my iPhone can, hehe.

I only have Leopard on my MBP so I'm watching the event on my iPad. :D

titans88
Sep 1st, 2010, 06:13 PM
Do you guys know of a place I can watch the keynote now? I was working when it aired, and would love to watch it!

KMPhotos
Sep 1st, 2010, 06:20 PM
I only have Leopard on my MBP so I'm watching the event on my iPad. :D

As did I.
It worked great - only a couple of hiccups.

benmossm
Sep 2nd, 2010, 01:42 AM
Do you guys know of a place I can watch the keynote now? I was working when it aired, and would love to watch it!

It's probably on the website somewhere, but if you go to the Apple podcast they just put up today's event.