: Back from holidays

ehMax
Jul 19th, 2010, 12:19 AM
Hey ehMacians... just got back from holidays at one of Ontario's fine provincial parks. I got attacked by black flies and mosquitos all week, but had a great time with very good weather.

Just got through over 200 ehMac emails, and doing some tidying up, but I'm beat now and need some sleep. :o

Hope everyone is having a good holidays. Anyone else take some time off and get away this summer?

Dr.G.
Jul 19th, 2010, 07:04 AM
Welcome home, mon ami. I trust that you will find the changes to ehMacLand to your liking. We shall see. Paix.

SINC
Jul 19th, 2010, 10:01 AM
Dr. G., ever the clown. :D

We're headed to Drumheller Friday for three days with our daughter to revisit the Royal Tyrrell and visit the Hoodoos. The Friday after, we're Saskatchewan bound for 10 days of camping at a mini family reunion on the wife's side.

Rps
Jul 19th, 2010, 10:59 AM
Dr. G., ever the clown. :D

We're headed to Drumheller Friday for three days with our daughter to revisit the Royal Tyrrell and visit the Hoodoos. The Friday after, we're Saskatchewan bound for 10 days of camping at a mini family reunion on the wife's side.

Hi Don, I have some great photos [ at least for me ] that I took of the Hoodoos, if you have any digital might be a good thing for the Shang, for those who have not seen them ... they are impressive.

bsenka
Jul 19th, 2010, 11:12 AM
Welcome back, Mayor.

No full-on vacations this summer, but I have taken two 4-day weekends, one to my family cottage on Lake Winnipeg, the other to my aunt's in Detroit Lakes, MN. Seriously thinking about taking a third one in August to take the kids to Valley Fair.

rgray
Jul 19th, 2010, 11:49 AM
Still in New Brunswick for my annual working vacation (had the gig for 12 years!) at UNB in Saint John.

Working: I teach one course which allows the rare luxury of having lots of time to try new innovations in material, technology and pedagogy.

Vacation: This year managed to get down to the Nova Scotia eastern shore, spend some time in the Tantramar Marshes (one of my favourite Canadian places) and get all around the Bay of Fundy. I also get to eat lots of fresh seafood - sooooo much better than what passes for 'fresh' back home in Ontario. For 'fast food' seafood in NB I recommend the Deluxe. Lord's in the City Market is great for fresh fish and their smoked trout is excellent.

FeXL
Jul 19th, 2010, 12:11 PM
6500 miles (not k's) on the Hawg so far this year. That'll be doubled by year end.

'Nuf said.

Macfury
Jul 19th, 2010, 12:44 PM
I'm having my holiday tomorrow. Unfortunately it will be over by Wednesday.

chasMac
Jul 19th, 2010, 04:01 PM
Summer hols were 4 weeks in New Zealand in February. Technically I've enjoyed 2 summers this year. Or would have if Calgary hadn't decided to dispense with the season, yet again.

tilt
Jul 19th, 2010, 04:21 PM
Welcome back Mr. Mayor.

My wife and I are going to see two plays in one day at the Shaw festival (Niagara-on-the-lake) coming Sunday; and then flying off to London England for ten days end of August.

But then, my project in Ottawa just got cancelled on Friday, and so I am back again working from home after two-and-a-half years of travelling Monday through Friday very week, so this is like another vacation for me :).

Cheers

Max
Jul 19th, 2010, 07:59 PM
I just had a working holiday. It was actually very gratifying. Worked hard in the daytime, was wonderfully and elaborately wined and dined in the evenings. Just three nights, a couple of hours west of the GTA. Now it's back to the regular grind... yet it's good to be home.