: Quick if your here go to FOX NEWS and see Glenn Beck

Rps
Jun 17th, 2010, 06:03 PM
OMG.....is this guy for real?

Dr.G.
Jun 17th, 2010, 06:05 PM
OMG.....is this guy for real?

I am here ............. but I can't stand the man and his views. What is he up to this time?

Rps
Jun 17th, 2010, 06:09 PM
Marc please watch this..... he is equating the Obama handling of the BP crisis and the World War 2 in the same breath and the fact that we are now at war with ourselves..... amazing.

SINC
Jun 17th, 2010, 06:47 PM
Well, I searched all of Fox and found nothing regarding the show. Have a link? That would be most helpful. ;)

Rps
Jun 17th, 2010, 07:14 PM
Hi SINC, Glenn Beck is on Fox News on TV, not sure if your cable [ if you have it ] carries it.

SINC
Jun 17th, 2010, 07:17 PM
Ah on TV! The thread didn't mention that. I assumed because it was here, it was online. Mea culpa. And yeah, I get FOX on satellite, but NEVER watch it.

Macfury
Jun 17th, 2010, 07:18 PM
I tried. Probably would have liked it if I caught it!

i-rui
Jun 17th, 2010, 07:27 PM
Marc please watch this..... he is equating the Obama handling of the BP crisis and the World War 2 in the same breath and the fact that we are now at war with ourselves..... amazing.

beck linking obama to world war 2 is his shtick, and pretty common.

Dr.G.
Jun 17th, 2010, 07:40 PM

Beck is into outrageous comments, so this would just be one of the many things he says to outrage people who like and support Pres. Obama, and to pander to the crowd that watches FOX News and, like Macfury said, enjoys it.

Macfury
Jun 17th, 2010, 07:59 PM
From what I could see, he was just riffing on Obama's own framing of the BP oil spill:

OBAMA: The one approach I will not accept is inaction. The one answer I will not settle for is the idea that this challenge is somehow too big and too difficult to meet. You know, the same thing was said about our ability to produce enough planes and tanks in World War II.

OBAMA: I've returned from a trip to the Gulf Coast to speak with you about the battle we're waging against an oil spill that is assaulting our shores and our citizens.... Tonight I'd like to lay out for you what our battle plan is going forward.

Macfury
Jun 17th, 2010, 08:11 PM
YouTube link:

V0Qe_ZxIJtE

eMacMan
Jun 17th, 2010, 08:45 PM
Beck is sadly part of a growing trend. Got absolutely nothing to back your viewpoint? Attack, SHOUT, intimidate, call the other guy names. Do any thing and everything but never, ever admit you are wrong even when you know you are.

Obviously enough rednecks like this approach to keep bums like this employed. Pretty sad commentary on todays politics.

Dr.G.
Jun 17th, 2010, 09:04 PM
"Pretty sad commentary on todays politics. " Very sad, eMacMan. What scares me is that more and more of people with these views are being elected into office and turning America backwards ............... and back to a time when fear was the coin of the realm. We shall see. Paix, mon ami.

i-rui
Jun 17th, 2010, 09:13 PM
YouTube link:

V0Qe_ZxIJtE

lol at Beck (or anyone on Fox News) accusing anyone of propaganda.

Macfury
Jun 17th, 2010, 11:14 PM
It's all about as offensive to me as it was to see Jon Stewart make fun of George Bush. Bush is gone, and I hope Obama follows quickly.

eMacMan
Jun 17th, 2010, 11:55 PM
It's all about as offensive to me as it was to see Jon Stewart make fun of George Bush. Bush is gone, and I hope Obama follows quickly.

The Shrub did a more than adequate job of self-parody.beejacon Sarah Palin seems to have a similar knack.

Macfury
Jun 18th, 2010, 12:00 AM
The Shrub did a more than adequate job of self-parody.beejacon Sarah Palin seems to have a similar knack.

May they all be gone swiftly.

MacGuiver
Jun 18th, 2010, 12:05 AM
"Pretty sad commentary on todays politics. " Very sad, eMacMan. What scares me is that more and more of people with these views are being elected into office and turning America backwards ............... and back to a time when fear was the coin of the realm. We shall see. Paix, mon ami.

Yes we need more peace loving Democrats in office like this beacon of light to turn the US around.

I'm betting you won't see this clip on CBC news though but you might get the story from big bad evil Fox. CBC and the other leftist media are busy chasing Sarah Palin around waiting for a bad hair day or writing apologetic stories to cover for the ineptitude of their man Obama 58 days into his Katrina. Imagine the media circus if this mess were on Bushes watch.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/v60oNUoHBYM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/v60oNUoHBYM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Vandave
Jun 18th, 2010, 02:35 AM
Anybody who converts to Mormonism in adulthood is obviously an idiot.

I listen to Limbaugh, Beck and Hannity online during the day for the lulz.

Dr.G.
Jun 18th, 2010, 07:04 AM
Amen, MG. Did see that clip on both CNN and CBC. I think that both stations present the news fairly and accurately.

Rps
Jun 18th, 2010, 09:45 AM
MG, two things, first why would CBC carry this as it is not News..... second the Congressman asked many many times, " who are you" to which re received no answer. Now I ask you if someone pushed a camera in your face and asked those questions wouldn't you ask " who are you". It was a setup from the word go...

MacGuiver
Jun 18th, 2010, 09:58 AM
Amen, MG. Did see that clip on both CNN and CBC. I think that both stations present the news fairly and accurately.

Funny Dr.G, I went to CBC news website and did a keyword search for Bob Etheridge and all I got in the results were dozens of stories mentioning Melissa Etheridge or Bob Geldoff. Not a mention on their website. You are correct though that CNN had the story covered as did Fox.

Cheers
MacGuiver

MacGuiver
Jun 18th, 2010, 10:19 AM
MG, two things, first why would CBC carry this as it is not News..... second the Congressman asked many many times, " who are you" to which re received no answer. Now I ask you if someone pushed a camera in your face and asked those questions wouldn't you ask " who are you". It was a setup from the word go...

CBC carries all kinds of things that I wouldn't consider news. Why would it not be news for this Dem. Senator physically assaulting someone on the street yet its news when Rep. Senator Larry Craig is caught looking for bathroom sex?

As for his handling of the student reporter, I think If I were a politician I'd just ignore him and keep walking. In fact its the most basic of political skills. I've seen Al Gore use it effectively time and time again when someone tries to question him on climate change that isn't a believer.

Cheers
MacGuiver

hayesk
Jun 18th, 2010, 01:03 PM

Yeah, but if he didn't answer I wouldn't grab him by the arm. I'd offer him a business card to contact my office for scheduling an interview, and then just keep walking.

Rps
Jun 18th, 2010, 01:18 PM
Yeah, but if he didn't answer I wouldn't grab him by the arm. I'd offer him a business card to contact my office for scheduling an interview, and then just keep walking.

Well I suppose I would have too, but, the trouble with these clips is you get a selected context. We don't know if the Congressman has be harassed by the film maker trying to get a story. All we see is a reaction.

Further, we don't live in that environment. Capitol cities have this myopia that they are the centre of the universe and that all elected officials have this entitlement of privacy, solitude, and right of selection. That said, I still agree with the Congressman ... who are you and what do you want..... this is no different that being approached by a panhandler on the street .... would you offer him your business card and ask him to make an appointment.

i-rui
Jun 18th, 2010, 01:36 PM
CBC carries all kinds of things that I wouldn't consider news. Why would it not be news for this Dem. Senator physically assaulting someone on the street yet its news when Rep. Senator Larry Craig is caught looking for bathroom sex?

you're really comparing the 2 incidents and claiming they have the same value as new stories?

A minor scuffle with a dem. senator vs a rep. senator (who pushed an anti-gay agenda), getting caught soliciting gay sex in a bathroom. you think those are equal & hold the same value as a news story?

really?

REALLY?

MacGuiver
Jun 18th, 2010, 02:58 PM
you're really comparing the 2 incidents and claiming they have the same value as new stories?

A minor scuffle with a dem. senator vs a rep. senator (who pushed an anti-gay agenda), getting caught soliciting gay sex in a bathroom. you think those are equal & hold the same value as a news story?

really?

REALLY?

The gay sex story certainly holds more value (especially to the left) because it involves political hypocrisy of a Republican and it advances the gay agenda. But both stories are worthy of coverage because both men were engaging in scandalous/illegal? behaviour unbecoming of a political leader.
I'll grant you the bathroom sex story is bigger but are you saying the Senator physically assaulting a student reporter simply for asking him if he supports Obama's agenda doesn't deserve news coverage?

Cheers
MacGuiver

i-rui
Jun 18th, 2010, 06:51 PM
I'll grant you the bathroom sex story is bigger but are you saying the Senator physically assaulting a student reporter simply for asking him if he supports Obama's agenda doesn't deserve news coverage?

Cheers
MacGuiver

In the US it should be covered (and was) In canada? not really. Maybe just a tidbit or mention (which i'm pretty sure i saw on CBC newsworld....or I might have seen it on the daily show or Colbert Report... i can't remember but I saw it initially from one of those).

But the 2 news stories can't be compared. Bob Etheridge acted like a jerk. fair enough. But Larry Craig's indiscretion was just a next level political blunder.