: Value of Signed Gretzky 1982 Hockey Card

Adrian.
Jun 13th, 2010, 12:17 PM
Hey guys

I have this old "In Action" hockey card of Wayne Gretzky from 1982. It is signed and has been sitting in a sealed case since my dad bought it in 1982. The card is in great shape. What do you guys think it is worth?

I took this shot quickly with my iPhone.

Kazak
Jun 13th, 2010, 01:35 PM
With those soft, bent corners, the card is worthless without the signature. I can't say what it's worth with, though.

Macfury
Jun 13th, 2010, 01:58 PM
The card alone is worth about $8 unsigned.

Kazak
Jun 13th, 2010, 02:07 PM
Not in that condition.

Macfury
Jun 13th, 2010, 02:09 PM
Not in that condition.

$8 in "great condition" but not as pictured.

i-rui
Jun 13th, 2010, 04:10 PM
i have a gretzky rookie card (o-pee-chee). how much is that worth?

(maybe 8/10 condition)

MaxPower
Jun 13th, 2010, 04:58 PM
An unbelievable story, but true.

My uncle used to be the VP of Canada Dry in Edmonton back in the 80's. Because Canada Dry was a major sponsor of the Oilers, he could at any time pretty much go into the dressing room. On a trip back home, he gave me a piece of paper out of his note pad with three autographs on it. Gretzky, Messier and Lowe. Nothing else was on that paper. I had it framed and took it to my office. About a week later, the office was broken into and one of the items, was was these priceless Autographs. I am still sick over it to this day. The final kicker was insurance didn't cover it because 1. I couldn't prove it. 2. There was no appraisal on it, therefore no value.

Somewhere, some thieving SOB has a priceless piece of collectors memorabilia.

Dr.G.
Jun 13th, 2010, 05:00 PM
An unbelievable story, but true.

My uncle used to be the VP of Canada Dry in Edmonton back in the 80's. Because Canada Dry was a major sponsor of the Oilers, he could at any time pretty much go into the dressing room. On a trip back home, he gave me a piece of paper out of his note pad with three autographs on it. Gretzky, Messier and Lowe. Nothing else was on that paper. I had it framed and took it to my office. About a week later, the office was broken into and one of the items, was was these priceless Autographs. I am still sick over it to this day. The final kicker was insurance didn't cover it because 1. I couldn't prove it. 2. There was no appraisal on it, therefore no value.

Somewhere, some thieving SOB has a priceless piece of collectors memorabilia.

A very sad story, MP. :(

Adrian.
Jun 14th, 2010, 10:32 AM
Start the bidding at $8!