: Used CD's

Burloak
Jun 2nd, 2010, 05:48 PM
Anyone know of an environmentally friendly way of disposing of old used CD's. I have a hundred or so and don't like to just chuck them in the garbage. I have no artistic talent so am not interested in creating various objets d'arte with them!

What do you recommend?

Thanks

Macfury
Jun 2nd, 2010, 05:49 PM
I hate the solution of "make art with them" because the world can only hold so much crap art before it winds up in the trash.

keebler27
Jun 2nd, 2010, 05:50 PM
it might be a slight hassle, but I'd check with the local shred it companies. i'm sure they have a way of shredding and disposing of the tiny pieces.

Max
Jun 2nd, 2010, 07:00 PM
In Toronto they now recycle electronic waste, and that includes CDs. See if the same project is underway in your jurisdiction.

G-Mo
Jun 2nd, 2010, 09:38 PM
Recycling.

arminia
Jun 3rd, 2010, 12:41 PM
Do you not have stores in your area that buy used CD's?

SINC
Jun 3rd, 2010, 12:44 PM
Mine go in our blue bag and is picked up with the rest of my recyclables.

irontree
Jun 3rd, 2010, 02:17 PM
Anyone know of an environmentally friendly way of disposing of old used CD's. I have a hundred or so and don't like to just chuck them in the garbage. I have no artistic talent so am not interested in creating various objets d'arte with them!

What do you recommend?

Thanks

If the tunes are any good I'd be glad to take them since I can't stand compressed music ;-)

Rps
Jun 3rd, 2010, 02:22 PM
If these are music CDs, I'll take them if they are workable. I never toss music away

danalicious
Jun 3rd, 2010, 03:20 PM
How about giving them to your local library?

Burloak
Jun 4th, 2010, 06:13 PM
Sorry gang but these are all computer discs, CD-R's with years of files and data that are no longer relevant to my needs.

I will get in touch with the local Apple store and municipal authorities to see what they suggest.

Thanks for the input.